• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Here I go

Time of past OR future Camino
Fr (17), Prim (19), CF/Norte ‘21, Le Puy/Inv22
Well, tomorrow begins Le Chemin de Puy for me… too bad my card got hacked and I can’t receive a replacement😩. It’s a mostly cash environment, so I will survive, but sometimes I am disappointed by the dark side of humanity. I had only positive feelings until now.
However, I am resolved to enjoy!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My card got hacked in Spain this summer, too, while was at the remote albergue in Arres on the Argonnes. Very little cell service, but I was able to report it quickly... Thankfully I had a debit card and a backup credit card, but it is disheartening and disappointing. Best wishes going forward.

My card got hacked in Spain this summer, too, while was at the remote albergue in Arres on the Argonnes. Very little cell service, but I was able to report it quickly... Thankfully I had a debit card and a backup credit card, but it is disheartening and disappointing. Best wishes going forward.
After an ATM transaction I tend to temporarily block / freeze my card for a few hours which you can do via most banking apps in seconds (and reinstate in seconds). I also keep most of my money in a separate account that I don’t use a card against and transfer just the amount I want to get out into then ‘active account’ .

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Enjoy your Camino. Any idea how the hacking occurred? If you find time and feel like posting, I would be interested in your experience, I will follow along this route next summer

Well, tomorrow begins Le Chemin de Puy for me… too bad my card got hacked and I can’t receive a replacement😩. It’s a mostly cash environment, so I will survive, but sometimes I am disappointed by the dark side of humanity. I had only positive feelings until now.
However, I am resolved to enjoy!
Well wishing you the best. Go to the daily 7 am pilgrim blessing at the Cathedral for sure. There's a great Facebook support group which may interest you if you're not already a member started by Rob Forrester fb://group/1427016164180914?ref=share

I am now not certain that I have been hacked…apparently sleep deprived may be more accurate. I was travelling for 30 hours straight and my memory was faulty about transactions that I did make 😆.
I had a great first day, going off the newer Camino and following the original path (pointed out to me by a volunteer).
Everything is going great and I am looking forward to the walk to Saugues!
Thanks for all the likes and responses from this community!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Having a very nice stay in Lasbros, at Gite D’étape Chez Marie en Aubrac. It’s only open a couple more weeks, but it is a fantastic stop. Very warm welcome from Stephanie and Marc. A n excellent dinner by the fire and some songs with our friends…a really perfect evening

I know the feeling. Whilst I was asleep in Spain someone bought a kitchen unit in Home Depot, LA!
My debit card got hacked three times over the course of a year but fortunately my bank caught it. One day I bought ice cream in Greece, cocktails in New York and two first class tickets to South Africa from Berlin. Apparently the modus operandi is a couple of small purchases to test the water followed by a biggy, then they try to obtain a refund on the big one

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Stayed at my first donativo, and what a wonderful experience it was. The lovely Vivian, in Le Soulier could not have been a better hostess (and made a very fine omelette in the morning).
I highly recommend L’étape Cretien.
We are now in Conques, which many of you know, is just beautiful! My friend, who walked with me for six days, is off to meet his wife… but the Chemin continues

Well, in the end, I heeded my wife Ann’s advice to switch Caminos after reaching Cahors. It was a beautiful and rewarding Camino, but Ann worried about the lack of pilgrims on the final section- particularly late in the year. If she only knew how few were on the Invierno! I started in Ponferrada, with a friend friend home on October 21st and we saw no more than 5-6 pilgrims until reaching Santiago! Both Caminos were beautiful, but the Via Podiensis was definitely a more communal experience.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back