• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Here we go again! Wooop!!

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 19th Aug - 19th September 2015

Camino Del Norte + Camino Primitivo in the summer of 2016
Hello fellow pilgrims and pilgrims to be!

I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach! (a danish expression for being excited/in love!)

I think I'm going to go back to our lovely way in the summer of 2016, less than a year after my pilgrimage from SJPP to Santiago! My boyfriend and I walked together, but we didn't have the time to walk all the way to Muxia, which we really wanted to, but we got an idea.. Why not use it a an excuse to get back on the way as soon as possible? And what better than a vacation near the ocean, right?! ;)

So now my question is, how many days does it take to walk from Santiago - Muxia? Is it possible to walk back to Santiago after Muxia - are there albergues enough, a safe route, and how long would that take?

I miss the way ever so much and I simply CANNOT wait until I have my beautiful green backpack on my shoulders, and I feel the dirt crushing beneath my boots again.

Have a wonderful day! Much love from Scandinavia!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
You can walk from SdC in 3 days or 4 if you wish. There are plenty of places to stay and if you want you can walk right back to SdC or walk to Finisterra in a day and then back to SdC. That's the easy answer. We love Muxia ,and on our first walk from SdC we walked to Finisterra and then Muxia, and last year we walked straight to Muxia in 4 days and rode the bus back to SdC.

We get butterflies in our stomach here in the States too!
Santiago to Muxia is 3 days walking or 4 days if you include walking to Finisterre. This past October I passed many people walking back to Santiago from Muxia/Finisterre.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The triangle walk from Santiago is a great experience. You can go from Santiago to Muxia in 3 days, then one day to Finisterre and finally 3 days back to Santiago. This makes it a lovely 7 day walk for which you can get compostelas in Muxia, Finisterre and Santiago.

Some people like to do it the opposite way going to Finisterre first, but this takes the same time and you can still get the 3 compostelas.

Buen Camino,

Mike

Devon Mike, you walked this route quite recently. Can you tell me how hilly it is? I have arthrosis and can walk any distance on flat(ish) paths, but if the Camino is steep for long distances I should probably avoid it. (I looked for a profile map, but couldn't find anything online.)

Devon Mike, you walked this route quite recently. Can you tell me how hilly it is? I have arthrosis and can walk any distance on flat(ish) paths, but if the Camino is steep for long distances I should probably avoid it. (I looked for a profile map, but couldn't find anything online.)
Hi HeidiL,

There are some smallish ups and downs, but two particular sections are a little longer.

If you are walking to Finisterre first, between Santiago and Negreira there is a steep uphill section which climbs around 200 metres over a few kilometres. Then there is a steep downhill section dropping about 300 metres over a couple of kilometres down to Cee on the coast.

If you are doing it the other way round walking from Finisterre to Santiago, then when you leave Cee you have a steep uphill climb, and from Negreira to Santiago the downhill section is easy.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you! We took the bus to Finisterre in 2004, and I remember quite a lot of ups and downs in the woods, but the walkers' route may be different.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.