• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hey there, I walked the Camino and filmed it for my fellow pilgrims

TamsinEB

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Hey,

So I am sure a few of you saw my loving fathers post earlier on this week :rolleyes: Slightly embarrassing but lovely none the less.

Anyway I walked the Camino Frances last August from Saint Jean to Santiago and I filmed it with the intention of it being a useful tool for all you guys who are planning your own Camino. I'm fit, but nothing special, pretty weak and with all the equipment I took carrying a heavier bag than most of you guys will need to take. My theory was that if I could do it and actually show you guys the ups and downs it's be a great way for you to guage how long you should take, where you should start, how difficult it can be but most importantly how meaningful the whole experience can be!

Anyway I will link you guys to the playlist of the first 3 episodes of my 14 part series (released weekly) and then also my website where I post diary entries and blog posts.

El Camino Diaries Playlist
My Website

And even for you pilgims who have already walked it, I read online recently that one of the best ways to keep happy is to relive and look back on past happy experiences, so there is something for everyone! =)

Buen Camino xx

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi TamsinEB,

Just watched your first batch of clips and is eagerly awaiting the rest! Doing my first Camino end April and with clips/blogs like these I'm counting off the days. Can't wait!

Regards,

CK007

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks so much for the positive feedback guys! I'll have the next episode up on Monday =) Buen Camino CK007 I am certain you will love it!!!

Hey,

So I am sure a few of you saw my loving fathers post earlier on this week :rolleyes: Slightly embarrassing but lovely none the less.

Anyway I walked the Camino Frances last August from Saint Jean to Santiago and I filmed it with the intention of it being a useful tool for all you guys who are planning your own Camino. I'm fit, but nothing special, pretty weak and with all the equipment I took carrying a heavier bag than most of you guys will need to take. My theory was that if I could do it and actually show you guys the ups and downs it's be a great way for you to guage how long you should take, where you should start, how difficult it can be but most importantly how meaningful the whole experience can be!

Anyway I will link you guys to the playlist of the first 3 episodes of my 14 part series (released weekly) and then also my website where I post diary entries and blog posts.

My Website

And even for you pilgims who have already walked it, I read online recently that one of the best ways to keep happy is to relive and look back on past happy experiences, so there is something for everyone! =)

Buen Camino xx

Thanks for putting this on here. It's bringing back a lot of great memories. (The first night lack of sleep must be a common thing. It took me a couple days to finally get a really good nights sleep. Amazing what exhaustion can do!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa ! This is good . Really. GOOD . ^5!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you so much for sharing (and bareing) your Camino experience with us. While photos are informative and helpful, video truly captures what you experienced and what we may expect. Again, thank you and I'm sure you will be in our thoughts as we start our adventure.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hey there everyone. I'm not sure where this post should go, but this seemed like a good place to start. Anyway, my daughter and I leave tomorrow morning for the Camino Frances. We will be posting news and photos from the trail when we can. Stop by our blog site (http://www.redbootsdragonslayer.com) for a visit when you have a chance. In the meantime, thanks for all your help! Cheers, Maggie and McKenzie

Hey there everyone. I'm not sure where this post should go, but this seemed like a good place to start. Anyway, my daughter and I leave tomorrow morning for the Camino Frances. We will be posting news and photos from the trail when we can. Stop by our blog site (http://www.redbootsdragonslayer.com) for a visit when you have a chance. In the meantime, thanks for all your help! Cheers, Maggie and McKenzie
Best of luck you two!
Look forward to reading about your experiences.

Rambler

Tamsin EB,
I really enjoyed your videos! It was awesome to see all the emotions and feelings from walking the camino. I am hoping to walk in September and am pretty nervous to be honest. Thanks for posting and feel free to give any advice to this hopeful first-timer. Thanks again,

Charlie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Outstanding thank you for thinking of doing a video.

Hey,

My Website

Buen Camino xx
I just watched your video for the 2nd time today. Thank you for sharing. Can you tell me when you walked the Camino in the video? I am walking this September with my wife can't wait so excited.

Hey,

My Website

Buen Camino xx
Hi, I just watched these clips and it brought back so much memories. Well put together. Thanks for sharing.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back