A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés Hi from Sahagun

Camino Badges

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
Hi all a quick checkr in. So much for planning things out...after Ireland I did walk the Camino Portuguese coastal and spend 2 days in Santiago pondering what next. So through a conversation with a hospi friend he told me they needed help in Sahagun.
Well that's where I am until the end of the month, relieve hospitalera at the albergue Santa Cruz.
I must say this turned out to be a big surprise. .. what a beautiful place and welcome for the pilgrims.
Lots of work since every bed room has its own private bath. 4/6/or 8 in bunk beds or private rooms (2 beds with ensuite).
5 € for bunk bed and @10 for double room if shared.
Communal dinner ( except Sunday ) primer served by monastery - secundo whatever the pilgrims bring to share. Breakfast is donativo

Anyone walking this way... come stay here!

Last edited:

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
That is such a wonderful place! I stayed there last year and it was a highlight of warmth and welcome. Enjoy your time and thank you for your service.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
How nice of you, Ingrid, to volunteer as a hospi practically on a whim! Sounds like lots of hard work, but rewarding!

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF2012,Le Puy/CF 2015 Portugues 2017 Norte 2018, CF 2019
It is great you are giving back. I have stayed there and yes it is a really nice place to lay your head at night.

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
April 2019: Frances, Salvador, Primitivo
I stayed there one night after Semana Santa when my sciatica was really bad. The Hospitalero was named Paul (can't remember where he was from) and he was so very kind of me as I hobbled in. He kept me on the first floor in a room with 2 beds, charged me 5 Euros. No one came to claim the second bed, so I had a private bathroom and room for that price.

I loved the fact that they had guests gather around 5 PM for tea and cookies to share our experiences.

And a story: I asked where I could get a good meal mid-afternoon. Paul gave me directions to the plaza around the corner and sent me to a specific restaurant that he loved -- Bar Luis. From his description, the food was fantastic and I was very hungry at that point.

So I hobbled over to the plaza and there were crowds standing around and lots of smoke. One of the restaurants was on fire -- and yes, it was Bar Luis.

I hope they have now reopened.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Peg and I stayed a few days in Sahagun when she needed some recovery time. I really liked the place and if there again it will likely not be a passing though but another few days stay.

AnaRosario

Camino(s) past & future
Pomplano to Santiago (March 29-May 6 2018)
Hi all a quick checkr in. So much for planning things out...after Ireland I did walk the Camino Portuguese coastal and spend 2 days in Santiago pondering what next. So through a conversation with a hospi friend he told me they needed help in Sahagun.
Well that's where I am until the end of the month, relieve hospitalera at the albergue Santa Cruz.
I must say this turned out to be a big surprise. .. what a beautiful place and welcome for the pilgrims.
Lots of work since every bed room has its own private bath. 4/6/or 8 in bunk beds or private rooms (2 beds with ensuite).
5 € for bunk bed and @10 for double room if shared.
Communal dinner ( except Sunday ) primer served by monastery - secundo whatever the pilgrims bring to share. Breakfast is donativo

Anyone walking this way... come stay here!
I would love and volunteer for several month!!! Criteria?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2008, 2009), Camino Frances (2011)
Porto to SDC (7/2017)
I love this town, it is one of my favorite places on the Camino! I love the name as well!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
L "LIVE" from the camino 1
OLDER threads on this topic
In Sahagun

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 155 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%