• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi from the pilgrims' office!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hope to see you all on 12th (but knowing my Caminos that'll be 13th). :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
'''hello I arrive on the 14th and start walking on the 15th see you soon! Regards

Hope to see you all on 12th (but knowing my Caminos that'll be 13th). :)

Hi tyrrek it is great to hear your off again, is it alone or with your recent litter picking friend? Buen camino ;)
We leave for ferrol a couple of weeks after you complete we shall have to have that coffee Yorkshire soon.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Laurie! How do you find time to volunteer AND walk evry camino twice a year :)
I will be arriving in SdC on May 14th, and staying two nights before catching a bus to A Coruna.
I would LOVE to come and give you a hug .... and Ivar, too! Will I have to join the queue which goes four times round the cathedral, or may I jump to the front?
Buen camino ... y buen oficina de peregrinos!

Hi Laurie. Enjoy your time. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks last October ( even although there was quite a bit if rain)! Say hello to all the staff there and also to JW!
Anne
PS. Are you staying in the street near the Brothel?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Laurie. Enjoy your time. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 weeks last October ( even although there was quite a bit if rain)! Say hello to all the staff there and also to JW!
Anne
PS. Are you staying in the street near the Brothel?

Well, here's a funny story. I arrived in the afternoon and was supposed to be at the apt. at 4 pm. There was no one there, so I waited outside in the little square with my bag. (Turns out my contact was inside the apt. cleaning up while I was thinking he would meet me outside the apt.) At one point a woman came up and asked me what I was doing (I think she is somehow involved in this operation) but other than that all I got was a few odd looks. At 5, other volunteers arrived and all was solved. I later learned that the corner where I was standing was usually occupied by others. :eek:

Heat wave and pilgrim wave continue this morning. The apt. is on the route to Finisterre and I can see a steady stream as I look out the window of the lovely Tertulia cafe on the corner. I'm trying to convince the owner that if he opened at 6 instead of 7:30, he'd get a much bigger pilgrim business.

Buen camino, Laurie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, here's a funny story. I arrived in the afternoon and was supposed to be at the apt. at 4 pm. There was no one there, so I waited outside in the little square with my bag. (Turns out my contact was inside the apt. cleaning up while I was thinking he would meet me outside the apt.) At one point a woman came up and asked me what I was doing (I think she is somehow involved in this operation) but other than that all I got was a few odd looks. At 5, other volunteers arrived and all was solved. I later learned that the corner where I was standing was usually occupied by others. :eek:

Heat wave and pilgrim wave continue this morning. The apt. is on the route to Finisterre and I can see a steady stream as I look out the window of the lovely Tertulia cafe on the corner. I'm trying to convince the owner that if he opened at 6 instead of 7:30, he'd get a much bigger pilgrim business.

Buen camino, Laurie

It took us a couple of days to "click on", as "Madame" is rather old! Yes, we stayed in the ground floor apartment and I have the impression that the walls of our bathroom, sort of were attached to above mentioned brothel!! Enjoy your time with the Peregrinos and of course Santiago! Anne

Now I was there in November, it was very cold and damp and I really couldn't understand why the middle aged woman on crutches seemed to spend all day standing on the corner in the cold:confused:

If anyone is planning to arrive between now and May 16, the first group of amigos has arrived -- three from US, one from England and one from Ireland. We're here from 9 to 9 so say hi. The office is BUSY!!! Beautiful weather in santiago too. Buen camino, Laurie.
If everything goes according to plan and it`s God will, we should arrive in SdC on 15 May. Kind regards. Estelle

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My Daughter and I depart for Bordeaux June 3rd - arriving the 4th. Quick train to St Jean - and I am back on the Camino AGAIN - this time with a wonderful 16 year old that is ready for the experience!!!

Buen Camino!!!

If anyone is planning to arrive between now and May 16, the first group of amigos has arrived -- three from US, one from England and one from Ireland. We're here from 9 to 9 so say hi. The office is BUSY!!! Beautiful weather in santiago too. Buen camino, Laurie.
Good day to you Pilgrim Office
I would like to contact the albergue in Orisson. Do you have an email or a web site? I want to book a night in September.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sorry, Stephen, I have no express passes to give ! ;)
Well, it'll be worth walking four times round the cathedral very slowly to see you ;).
Did a 6 mile walk this morning - very strong winds, spots of rain and overcast .... probably just like SdC!! Only a week to go now before I set off. Enjoy your work in the office, Laurie!

Good day to you Pilgrim Office
I would like to contact the albergue in Orisson. Do you have an email or a web site? I want to book a night in September.

Hi Jabaldo. Just a small comment that the Pilgrim's office is not directly connected to Internet, in the sense that the staff and Amigos don't sit around looking for and answering information messages. Of course they are connected to Internet;), but it's for dealing with office affairs. Laurie, who is working there right now, either has her own laptop or has to go to the Internet cafe to check on messages, which she will only do when she is off duty! Miguel had a good reaction and sent you the information you needed!:)

For those who need information, once in Santiago, there are two Information offices on Rua De Villar, just a couple of hundred meters down the street from the Oficina de Peregrinos. On the left side of the street ( same side as the Oficina de Peregrinos) is the general tourist information office and almost opposite, on the right hand, there is the Galician Tourist Office. Loads of information, especially for those if you who want to go either Fisterra and/or Muxia. The also issue a special Credencial for this short Camino. Last year there was also the Renfe (railway) office right outside the Oficina de Peregrinos and until September, inside the grounds, was Alsa ( bus service) office.
Anne

I'm very sorry that I shall miss you Laurie, I would have loved to be able to say hello and thank you for all your help.
Best wishes, Maggie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Where can one get info on volunteering as an Amigo for the Pilgrim Office?

Thanks,

Paul.

Thanks,

Paul.

Contact Johnny Walker who is a member of this Form and runs the Pilgrim's Office.
Send him a PM.
Anne

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Thanks,

Paul.
Hi Paul, the following thread has some detail about what the office are looking for in terms of volunteer amigos. I believe that the Amigos service may be being coordinated by somebody else this year but if you PM Johnnie, as Anne says, he should be able to point you in the right direction. Bear in mind that the Amigo places for this season may have already been allocated but that may not be the case or there may be a reserve list in case anybody has to withdraw at short notice.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/comm...-service-volunteers-wanted.16198/#post-114844

Last edited:
The first group of amigos is on our way home, and the second group has arrived. If you can figure out a way to volunteer to do this, grab it. It was a truly amazing experience. Lots of tears, lots of laughs, lots of overpowering emotions from pilgrims arriving. I was privileged to be a part of it and to sometimes offer comfort, support, or just to join in the joy. Seeing the camino from that side of things sort of rounds out the picture for those of us who find ourselves walking on a regular basis. And of course you get to see johnniewalker in action, an added benefit for sure. :)

And by my count, I met at least six forum members -- Shefollowsshells, jpflavin, Stephen, Albertinho, alan, anniethe nurse, and probably a few I´m not remembering. That was a lot of fun!

Sitting in Barajas, my flight home delayed, just getting ready for the transition back to the real world. Buen camino, everyone, Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back