• In case you had not seen it, there is a new link in the top menu to the most popular contents on the forum from the last 90 days, 1 year and all the way from the beginning in 2004.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Hi, I am a new member and I'm planning on hiking the Camino this spring. I am 70 years old, and

2020 Camino Guides

wayfarer

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Santiago-Finistera-Muxia. April/May 2012
Sarria-Santiago Sept. 2013
SJPP - Almost Orrison April 2014
Welcome to the forum la tulipe, happy planning.
Buen Camino.

lettinggo

Hola and welcome to the forum.

I come to think of an Australian woman walking with her daughter and boyfriend, whom we celebrated her 70 year birthday with some cake and singing at an albergue.
Your camino has already begun and wishing you the best in planing.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013-Ingles 2014-Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017-Via Francigena 2018 & 2019
I am 70 years old from from the US. I am going to hike the Camino this summer and I am so glad to find this forum loaded with info.
Hi la tulipe, welcome to the forum and nice to meet another pilgrim being called by the camino. Do enjoy planning your journey but once you start walking the camino has it's own plans it is then you start a whole new exciting adventure:)
Buen Camino

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Our own dear mspath, Margaret, is 75 years old and has walked the Camino 9 times. For a whippersnapper like you, the Camino should be a piece of cake. Enjoy your planning and do feel free to ask back on whatever confounds or astounds, somebody here will answer for sure. Buen Camino.

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
At only 67 I might be considered a mere whippersnapper, but I'll join the others in wishing you a 'Buen Camino!' Make your plans and in the Spring enjoy what it is that's planned for you.

Gil A

Camino(s) past & future
2013 Camino Frances
2014 Camino Frances
2015 Camino Portugues
2017 Camino Portugues
I walked el Camino Frances last March and April. I was 70 years old at the time. It was not easy but I was doable. I am sure you can do it. I am now planning el Camino Portuguese for next year.
Make sure you are rested from your trip and recovered from the jet lag and take it easy. Don't push too hard.
Buen Camino.

Mike Savage

So many friends to meet . . . so little time
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés,Inglés
Muxia/Finisterre
Português Coastal
Português Central
Sanabrés
Welcome la tulipe!

brkdn2

Camino(s) past & future
camino francais, (2014 Aug.)
Welcome. La tulipe. I walked the Frances last year age 70. Hardest, yet best thing I've ever done. Planning to walk part of the Le Puy route this year. Go at your own pace and you won't have a problem.
Indeed stay flexible FUN should be your top priority baggage carry or a taxi's when needed are OK. Love the moment.

karenfromcali

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances March/April 2014, Camino Frances Feb/March 2015. Camino Frances Feb/March 2016.
Happy planning! Have a wonderful walk!

JohnMcM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Some, and with luck, some more.
I am 70 years old from from the US. I am going to hike the Camino this summer and I am so glad to find this forum loaded with info.
Welcome la tulipe,

You are about to start one of the most beautiful, fulfilling and satisfying experiences of your life, including all the preparation and planning.

Last year, during my first Camino I had the pleasure and privilege to walk with and share my life with some fantastic folks. If you have even half the joy I was given I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Let not your age even be an issue if you think it may be. One of the strongest walkers I shared some time with was a lady who was 70 years young who, if she wanted to could have (and indeed on a couple of hills, actually did) walked the legs off me and I was 8 years her junior!

If you are planning to walk Camino Frances then we may cross paths for I leave StJPDP for the first part of my Camino on 15th May.

As has been said by others, use the forum to find the information you seek and remember there are a lot of great people on here of whom you can ask questions.

Buen Camino.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%