• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi, I am a new member and I'm planning on hiking the Camino this spring. I am 70 years old, and

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola and welcome to the forum.

I come to think of an Australian woman walking with her daughter and boyfriend, whom we celebrated her 70 year birthday with some cake and singing at an albergue.
Your camino has already begun and wishing you the best in planing.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

I am 70 years old from from the US. I am going to hike the Camino this summer and I am so glad to find this forum loaded with info.
Hi la tulipe, welcome to the forum and nice to meet another pilgrim being called by the camino. Do enjoy planning your journey but once you start walking the camino has it's own plans it is then you start a whole new exciting adventure:)
Buen Camino

Our own dear mspath, Margaret, is 75 years old and has walked the Camino 9 times. For a whippersnapper like you, the Camino should be a piece of cake. Enjoy your planning and do feel free to ask back on whatever confounds or astounds, somebody here will answer for sure. Buen Camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
At only 67 I might be considered a mere whippersnapper, but I'll join the others in wishing you a 'Buen Camino!' Make your plans and in the Spring enjoy what it is that's planned for you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I walked el Camino Frances last March and April. I was 70 years old at the time. It was not easy but I was doable. I am sure you can do it. I am now planning el Camino Portuguese for next year.
Make sure you are rested from your trip and recovered from the jet lag and take it easy. Don't push too hard.
Buen Camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am 70 years old from from the US. I am going to hike the Camino this summer and I am so glad to find this forum loaded with info.
Welcome. La tulipe. I walked the Frances last year age 70. Hardest, yet best thing I've ever done. Planning to walk part of the Le Puy route this year. Go at your own pace and you won't have a problem.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Welcome la tulipe!

Welcome. La tulipe. I walked the Frances last year age 70. Hardest, yet best thing I've ever done. Planning to walk part of the Le Puy route this year. Go at your own pace and you won't have a problem.
Indeed stay flexible FUN should be your top priority baggage carry or a taxi's when needed are OK. Love the moment.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Welcome la tulipe,

You are about to start one of the most beautiful, fulfilling and satisfying experiences of your life, including all the preparation and planning.

Last year, during my first Camino I had the pleasure and privilege to walk with and share my life with some fantastic folks. If you have even half the joy I was given I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Let not your age even be an issue if you think it may be. One of the strongest walkers I shared some time with was a lady who was 70 years young who, if she wanted to could have (and indeed on a couple of hills, actually did) walked the legs off me and I was 8 years her junior!

If you are planning to walk Camino Frances then we may cross paths for I leave StJPDP for the first part of my Camino on 15th May.

As has been said by others, use the forum to find the information you seek and remember there are a lot of great people on here of whom you can ask questions.

Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back