• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

HI Ofar Fao

Time of past OR future Camino
Cp
Hi All
We are pre booked at the HI Ofir in Fao and I have just spotted that check in is 6pm!
Has anybody stayed there and is this correct?
We are only doing 21km and the weather looks like its going to be in the high 20s so if we left late we would be hitting the road near noon and much as I enjoy lounging in a cafe bar I fear several hours waiting to check in might wear thin on bottom and wallet
Any advise really appreciated

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Which Camino is this on? I'm unfamiliar - is it Portugal? Yes, waiting until 6 p.m. to check in seems odd.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Cafés in Fao and it's a really pretty place to explore.

Hi All
We are pre booked at the HI Ofir in Fao and I have just spotted that check in is 6pm!
We are only doing 21km and the weather looks like its going to be in the high 20s so if we left late we would be hitting the road near noon and much as I enjoy lounging in a cafe bar I fear several hours waiting to check in might wear thin on bottom and wallet
I’m not familiar with this place, but we have often been able to leave our things and then come back later to check in at places when we arrive early. It would be a matter of being able to contact them to ask.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don't know how consistent the HI pattern is across different countries, but when I have stayed in their properties, after the cleaning staff leave late in the morning or in the early afternoon, they do not open until the advertised time. The place will be locked up until then. Unlike a conventional hotel or hostel, there would be no-one at the property to accept bags and store them.

If you can change your booking, try Casa Matriz in Fao. It's run by a lovely lady named Rita. We've stayed there twice. Once 2019 and in April 2022.

Casa da Matriz

Attachments

• 20220609_095756.jpg
    20220609_095756.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi All
While I do not know what HI stands for (Hilton International?), I do know Fao because when I was there in 2019 there was no room in any inn (feast day weekend). The volunteer firefighters allowed us to sleep on the floor. They were super nice folks. Perhaps they will allow you to leave your backs for awhile until you can check in. And while you are there ask them if they still have my light blue REI backpacking towel. It is very small, is marked REI, and has a grommet in one corner, and was perfect for my needs. I miss it. They were going to send it to me but I don't know what happened. If you find it, I will ask you to leave it with Faith at Pilgrim House!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back