• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi there - Any Kiwis walking Camino Frances September/October 2014?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Trish. My wife linda and I and daughter Juliet are flying to Paris from Ak 5Sept. and train to Lourdes then SJPDPa few days later to walk Camino. Happy to share plans and thoughts. Gerrard.

Hi Trish. I don't have firm dates yet, but I'm planning to walk around late August through September, and I'd love to compare notes.
Hi there .... thanks for a response to my email. And nice to hear there are other Kiwis planning to walk when I am. I've booked my ticket to London 3 September and hope to start walking around the 7th of September. Looking to start in Ronesvalles at this stage but will think about starting from St Jean, depending on how fit I am! I certainly have a lot of work to do and lose some kilos! Message me if you want and we can compare notes. Cheers. Trish

Hi Trish. My wife linda and I and daughter Juliet are flying to Paris from Ak 5Sept. and train to Lourdes then SJPDPa few days later to walk Camino. Happy to share plans and thoughts. Gerrard.
Hi Gerrard ... nice to hear there are a few more Kiwis on board. I've booked my ticket to London 3 September and plan to start walking about the 7th. Not sure whether from St Jean or Ronesvalles yet ... depends on my fitness! (or lack thereof!). Would be nice to keep in touch. What a lovely thing to do with your wife and daughter. Is this your first Camino? Message me if you want and we can compare notes. Cheers, Trish.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Gerrard ... nice to hear there are a few more Kiwis on board. I've booked my ticket to London 3 September and plan to start walking about the 7th. Not sure whether from St Jean or Ronesvalles yet ... depends on my fitness! (or lack thereof!). Would be nice to keep in touch. What a lovely thing to do with your wife and daughter. Is this your first Camino? Message me if you want and we can compare notes. Cheers, Trish.
Hi Trish.......would an Aussie do? I am also planning to do parts of the Camino Frances at around about that time and am looking for someone to walk with along the way - especially in the beginning stages of the walk. Marita (Brisbane)

Hi Trish.......would an Aussie do? I am also planning to do parts of the Camino Frances at around about that time and am looking for someone to walk with along the way - especially in the beginning stages of the walk. Marita (Brisbane)
Of course Marita!! One and the same!! Would love to swap ideas. I'm probably going to start in Ronesvalles about 7th September .... but will consider starting from St Jean if I'm fit enough. I'm planning to walk only about 10 - 15k per day so obviously will be very slow. I'm pretty lucky cause I've got three months leave from work so can take my time. My work email is trish.macgregor@srblaw.co.nz . Hope you get in touch .... let me know what you're planning. Cheers Trish.

Hi Trish
I'm a Kiwi living in London. I'm going to walk the Le Puy route in April/May so will not be around to walk with you in September but if you are in London for a night or two before you head over to start your walk, I'd be able to meet up. You may have friends or family here already and if you do you will most likely be too busy catching up on your few days here, but if not, let me know and I can share some of my experience from the months before.
Megg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Trish
I'm a Kiwi living in London. I'm going to walk the Le Puy route in April/May so will not be around to walk with you in September but if you are in London for a night or two before you head over to start your walk, I'd be able to meet up. You may have friends or family here already and if you do you will most likely be too busy catching up on your few days here, but if not, let me know and I can share some of my experience from the months before.
Megg
Hi Megg ... lovely to get your email. I'll be in London at the end of May for a few nights, then back in September when I come over for the Camino. Would love to meet up with you and hear about your travels. Need all the help I can get really! Will keep in touch and looking forward to hearing how it all goes. Good luck with your training. And have a lovely Xmas. Thanks again, Trish xx

My husband and I are planning a September October Camino in 2014. No bookings made yet but we plan to walk the Francais starting in SJPP. I previously walked this route in May 2012 and met three other kiwis. It sounds as if there will be more of us next time.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi there .... I'm wondering if there are any Kiwis planning to walk the Camino Frances September/October 2014?
Hi Trish
I'm looking at walking the camino during that time . Haven't quite got the dates sorted but will likely be start of October. I will be in Scotland mid September visiting relatives after 3 months in the US. Will prob fly over from Glasgow. What are the dates you looking at starting?

Hi Trish
I'm looking at walking the camino during that time . Haven't quite got the dates sorted but will likely be start of October. I will be in Scotland mid September visiting relatives after 3 months in the US. Will prob fly over from Glasgow. What are the dates you looking at starting?
Hi again! I'm flying from Christchurch to London arriving 4th September. Just one night there to catch up with my daughter and then flying to Bilbao on 5th. I'm staying at a hostel near Pamplona for a few nights and they drop me off to where I want to start walking ... a great service. I'm thinking it will take me about 8 weeks ... will be really slow.... I'm catching up with friends in Scotland at the end!

Hi again! I'm flying from Christchurch to London arriving 4th September. Just one night there to catch up with my daughter and then flying to Bilbao on 5th. I'm staying at a hostel near Pamplona for a few nights and they drop me off to where I want to start walking ... a great service. I'm thinking it will take me about 8 weeks ... will be really slow.... I'm catching up with friends in Scotland at the end!
NZjim Hi Trish. I haven't locked any dates in yet. Still in the planning stage. I've just got to San Diego so far confirmed . Just waiting for a contact in San Fran to get back to me then I will confirm with my cousin in Toronto when I will be there . At this stage I'm looking at being in London first week sept . Will then head up to Scotland for a couple weeks and then head to Spain

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
What's with the nationalism?:) it's the person that matters not the country they come from surely?:)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.