• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiking alone in november

Ally bryde

Time of past OR future Camino
The french way september 2016
Hi fellow Pilgrims
I have recently hiked the elcamino de santiago with 3 girls but this time i want to hike the elcamino portugal alone in November. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like and is there enough open accomodation. Thank you ally

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome to the forum @Ally bryde. I can't help you with specifics about the Camino Portuguese, not having walked it myself (yet), but hopefully another better informed member will come back with some information. In the meantime, have a look at this site - if you click on each stage it will open up with information about the available accommodation, and following through to the individual albergue will tell you the dates that place is open. A bit tedious, but a nice way to spend some planning time!

https://www.gronze.com/camino-portugues

Regarding the weather in Pt in November, why not Google for it? Try the name of the town you will start from and anappoximate date. For example, Google "tiempo oporoto noviembre" and see what pops up.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Ally,

My wife and I completed the Porto-Santiago inland route in the last fortnight of November/first few days of December last year. We had one day of rain, as it happens, in Barcelos, where we'd planned for a day off anyway to go to the terrific market (I think it's on Thursdays only, try to allow for it in your schedule), so it wasn't a problem. Otherwise the weather was ideal for walking: clear sunny skies and around 17-18 degrees every day. Sometimes we wore light jackets, other times long-sleeved merino shirts were sufficient. Even in Galicia, traditionally one of the wettest areas of Europe, the days were fine.

These conditions were contrary to the region's established weather experience. Were we just lucky? Is global warming changing long-standing patterns? Don't know, but I do know that we had perfect weather.

As to the inland route, it's a wonderful walk, especially on the Portuguese side. Re. accommodation, we stayed in B&Bs and small hotels, all of which were excellent. Places were, however, closing, and it might be wise to check ahead.

Bom Caminho,

wes

Regarding the weather in Pt in November, why not Google for it? Try the name of the town you will start from and anappoximate date. For example, Google "tiempo oporoto noviembre" and see what pops up.

Edited by moderator.
Then you get the weatherforecast in spanish !
O tempo, Porto , em novembre are keywords for finding the weatherforcast in Portuguese :cool:
I bet there will be general wheaterforecast apps available in english which show the forecasts in every place wherever in the world.
About the november weather in Portugal... may shine,may rain. If you start in Porto you enter the region where the most rain falls all over the year. Therefore the area is that green and very beautifull.take your shorts and a lightweight raincoat or poncho and accept what is coming down or shines above your head . It is worthwhile..it is sooo beautifull..

Bom caminho

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back