• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiking near Barcelona

Peakseeker

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking the Camino del Norte this autumn
I'll be starting the Camino del Norte at the end of this month from Irún but I have 4 days in Barcelona leading up to this. I would love to spend one or two of these days out of the city hiking. I would absolutely hate to miss the beauty of the Pyrenees.
Can anybody recommend some hikes in the vicinity of Barcelona, either for a day or an overnight? It would have to be something that allows me to stay in an albergue as I don't have a tent. I would love to see a town like Girona, and I've read about a Camino leaving from here.
All input is greatly appreciated

Peace !!!
-Henry

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Montserrat monastery has an albergue, and there is also an albergue in the Hotel Celler de la Guardia (call ahead for the albergue) in Sant Pau de la Guàrdia (11.4km from Montserrat) or in Castelloli, 6km from Sant Pau), and in Igualada (9km). Out of Igualada there is an albergue in Jorba, 7.3km on, and the next stop is in La Panadella-- while there is no albergue there, the Hotel Bayona provides a pilgrim rate of about 20 euro. 16km further brings you to Cervera (albergue at the Residencia Sagrada Familia), where there are frequent trains and buses to Barcelona.

The walk from Montserrat is alongside the road for the first 7km then through an arduous forest path until Sant Pau. From Sant Paul to Igualada is a combination of recreational paths and local roads until near Igualada, where one goes through commercial suburbs. Igualada to La Panadella is a combination of paths and local roads until the last 4-5km, a very uphill walk alongside a fairly unused road. From La Panadella to Cervera is on rural gravel roads until Cervera.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A few hours north of Barcelona is Cap de Creus, the Bay of Rosas, the monestary of Sant Pere de Rodes, Cadaques and Dali's house, the Aiguamolls national park and the Roman and Greek ruins of Empuria. I spent a very happy week hiking there about six years ago. (The area is also the setting for much of the Hornblower novel A Ship of the Line.)

We walked from Montserrat to Manresa, which is the last stage of the Camino Ignatius - great walk through the countryside! Albergue at the start and a youth hostel at the finish.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - To Montserrat we go ...... 4 yrs since the last Camino, older, less brain cells, easily confused usually followed by a touch of frustration and sometimes panic :) . I left Coventry, UK at...
Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back