A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Hiking poles in Pontevedra

2020 Camino Guides

auburnfive

Hello,
We are going to be flying into Santiago, then busing to Pontevedra before walking the Espiritual Variante, then onto Muxia and Finnesterre. Planning to go with carry on luggage only. Question: will it be possible to purchase hiking poles in Pontevedra? Any suggestions of where? Or alternatively could we obtain in Santiago easily? Thanks!

andycohn

Camino(s) past & future
CF (12-15); Muxia (15); Portuguese, Primitivo (17); Norte, Ingles, VF partial (18), Le Puy (19)
Chema Sport, Calle Benito Corbal 14 in Pontevedra has hiking poles (“bastones de trekking”). www.chemasport.es.

No shortage of places in Santiago, among them a Decathlon Store at Rua de Republica de El Salvador 31. Decathlon is Europe’s largest chain of outdoor sporting goods. I’ve been there myself. They have everything.

In general, if you’re trying to find stuff like this, just do a google search. In this case, a search for “Sporting goods stores in Pontevedra, Spain” will get you quicker (and often, more accurate) answers than posting a query on this forum.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
A lot of people leave their hiking poles in Santiago before flying home. I think someone was collecting them? If you have some time in Santiago, you may be able to get a used but serviceable set for free.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Hello,
We are going to be flying into Santiago, then busing to Pontevedra before walking the Espiritual Variante, then onto Muxia and Finnesterre. Planning to go with carry on luggage only. Question: will it be possible to purchase hiking poles in Pontevedra? Any suggestions of where? Or alternatively could we obtain in Santiago easily? Thanks!
Just send me a PM with the date and time you are in Santiago and how many you need and I get you some ;-)

BC SY

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 174 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 282 24.3%