• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

For Sale/Wanted Hiking skirt - Macabi or other brand wanted - URGENT (London)

angelab

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Frances June (2017)
Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a Macabi, or other brand, hiking skirt urgently. I leave London Fri 2/6. I've been to a few stores and none of them have suitable skirts. The forum has provided magic for me before so thought i'd give it another go :D

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
If you wear tights under them you don't really need more than one ... and you could always use a scarf as a sarong on the days when you wash the skirt (for the five minutes it takes to dry). In fact, taking a sarong as a second skirt-scarf-picnic blanket combo is very weight efficient!

I just finished the Primitivo and wore my Purple Rain hiking skirt almost everyday. No tights. It was way too hot. I took a pair of nylon roll up pants that I used for one day going over the Hospitales. Purple rain skirts are short and very cute with big cargo pockets on both sides. It was perfect!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I just finished the Primitivo and wore my Purple Rain hiking skirt almost everyday. No tights. It was way too hot. I took a pair oh nylon roll up pants that used for one day going over the Hospitales. Purple rain skirts are short and very cute with big cargo pockets on both sides. It was perfect!
I love my Purple Rain skirt too! Unfortunately Angela won't be able to get one in time for her Camino as they have to be ordered from the US.

I love my Purple Rain skirt too! Unfortunately Angela won't be able to get one in time for her Camino as they have to be ordered from the US.
Oh yeah...that's too bad. Mine never got dirty, super comfy and just brushed to top of my knees. And I didn't look like a nun :)

Yes, I have 1 skirt. I don't want to take trousers/pants so am thinking I need another skirt. Do I?

You don't need a second Macabi. They dry extremely quickly IF/WHEN they have to be washed. Tights will be too hot in the Summer. Don't you have a pair of shorts or light trousers you could wear after walking? A pair of running shorts? They're good to sleep in, too.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello. If you decide you would like an additional skirt, I have a new, medium original charcoal Macabi skirt that I purchased last week that I would be happy to sell to you for the price I paid for it. I ordered the original and the slim style have decided to keep the slim one.
I will arrive in SJPDP on the 4th and start my camino on the 6th. If you are interested, please let me know and I would happily bring it to you.

Last edited:
Hello. If you decide you would like an additional skirt, I have a new, medium original charcoal Macabi skirt that I purchased last week that I would be happy to sell to you for the price I paid for it. I ordered the original and the slim style have decided to keep the slim one.
I will arrive in SJPDP on the 4th and start my camino on the 6th. If you are interested, please let me know and I would happily bring it to you.
Thanks. Will let you know. Is it regular or long? I already have the regular length in charcoal.

Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a Macabi, or other brand, hiking skirt urgently. I leave London Fri 2/6. I've been to a few stores and none of them have suitable skirts. The forum has provided magic for me before so thought i'd give it another go :D

We just finished the Camino and on some days and nights it was really cold. I wore trousers everyday and was glad I had them.
I was travelling with 6 other women and 5/6 wore trousers everyday. We travelled with two guys who wore shorts during the day and trousers at night.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

I have just returned from walking for 30 days on camino francais and del norte. Wore my one macabi skirt every day through thunder storms, hail, frost and sunshine. It was perfect. I had a pair of hiking trousers with me for use in evenings. it was not necessary but nice to have something different to wear after a shower. Buen Camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

You can return it, by the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back