• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hiking then biking then hiking the camino

kiels29

has anyone hiked the first part of the camino, then picked up bikes for the midsection, then finished on foot? I have only 3 weeks to do the trip but also have a limited budget. how do you manage the logistics with bags, etc? thanks!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hiking then biking

What an interesting concept!

Perhaps you should get in touch with Tour 'n Ride at: http://www.tournride.com

They are located in Santiago and will ship their bike to you, and then you ride it back to them. Bike rental with a twist!
This is one of the services that they offer pilgrims that do not want the hassle with traveling with their bikes on planes, trains and busses. They ship the bike with SEUR (the FedEx of Spain), you pick it up and bike the bike back to Santiago and return it there. Maybe they will let you drop it off somewhere elce along the route.
Worth a try!

:shock: that sound amazing!
dont know why i didnt think of that
i thinking of walking it in 23 days :? max
and i dont know if ill able to do it that fast
so having a bike for 4-5 last days whould be great! :cry:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hiking and biking

Just remember that you must bike the last 200kms to earn the Compostela (even if you walked 5, 000, 000 miles before that!)

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?
I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back