Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Hire car from Santiago that I can leave in Ponferrada.

MickMac

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
I want to hire a car in Santiago Airport and drive to Ponferrada and leave the car there with same hire company, and walk back to Santiago. Is it possible? don't want to use buses. Will a hire company allow that, extra charge for them delivering it back to Santiago no problem, if you know what I mean.

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
MickMac,
You might check what companies rent cars in SdC and email them your question.
Good luck and however/whenever you go Buen Camino.

SabineP

Camino = Gratitude + Compassion.
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
I want to hire a car in Santiago Airport and drive to Ponferrada and leave the car there with same hire company, and walk back to Santiago. Is it possible? don't want to use buses. Will a hire company allow that, extra charge for them delivering it back to Santiago no problem, if you know what I mean.

Quick Googlesearch showed this result.
Pick up at Santiago airport.
Drop off at Ponferrada trainstation.

This is only one company.

MickMac

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
I checked last year still can't find out if I can leave it in ponferrada it works in the states very unclear.

MickMac

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Checked that out seems to work many thanks Sabine. I can leave that at Ponferrada Station and walk on brilliant.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

David61

Around 140 Euro. Put your dates up on the forum and you could well get car share buddies, even if its a small detour to say Sarria. Would offset a lot of the cost for you

MickMac

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Thanks David its about 160 euro there is two of us my brother and myself it's the plane times are awkward. Will put on forum nearer time waiting for euro vaccine passport to decide when.

Marbe2

Past OR future Camino
2015-2019 walked all or more than half of CF 7 times... CP recently cancelled by Covid 19!
Thanks David its about 160 euro there is two of us my brother and myself it's the plane times are awkward. Will put on forum nearer time waiting for euro vaccine passport to decide when.
Did you check hidden charges, drop off fees ,deductable insurance. Etc.

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
I looked on Kayak and just plugged a day in September and it came back as 65US for a Toyota Aygo and for 4 more you could get an Opel Corsa from Alamo Rent A Car. Pick up at the Santiago Airport but for some reason you pick it up at Enterprise and drop it off at Enterprise too.

MickMac

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Trains and buses don't work with plane times messy.

D

Deleted member 73526

Looks like a good price. Looks like it could be slightly cheaper to rent from a Santiago city location (e.g. Enterprise) but the convenience of picking up at the airport may be worth it.
Taxi would cost around 280 Euros.

A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads