• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hire car from Santiago that I can leave in Ponferrada.

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
I want to hire a car in Santiago Airport and drive to Ponferrada and leave the car there with same hire company, and walk back to Santiago. Is it possible? don't want to use buses. Will a hire company allow that, extra charge for them delivering it back to Santiago no problem, if you know what I mean.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
MickMac,
You might check what companies rent cars in SdC and email them your question.
Good luck and however/whenever you go Buen Camino.

I want to hire a car in Santiago Airport and drive to Ponferrada and leave the car there with same hire company, and walk back to Santiago. Is it possible? don't want to use buses. Will a hire company allow that, extra charge for them delivering it back to Santiago no problem, if you know what I mean.

Quick Googlesearch showed this result.
Pick up at Santiago airport.
Drop off at Ponferrada trainstation.

This is only one company.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I checked last year still can't find out if I can leave it in ponferrada it works in the states very unclear.

Checked that out seems to work many thanks Sabine. I can leave that at Ponferrada Station and walk on brilliant.

Around 140 Euro. Put your dates up on the forum and you could well get car share buddies, even if its a small detour to say Sarria. Would offset a lot of the cost for you

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks David its about 160 euro there is two of us my brother and myself it's the plane times are awkward. Will put on forum nearer time waiting for euro vaccine passport to decide when.

Thanks David its about 160 euro there is two of us my brother and myself it's the plane times are awkward. Will put on forum nearer time waiting for euro vaccine passport to decide when.
Did you check hidden charges, drop off fees ,deductable insurance. Etc.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I looked on Kayak and just plugged a day in September and it came back as 65US for a Toyota Aygo and for 4 more you could get an Opel Corsa from Alamo Rent A Car. Pick up at the Santiago Airport but for some reason you pick it up at Enterprise and drop it off at Enterprise too.

Trains and buses don't work with plane times messy.

Looks like a good price. Looks like it could be slightly cheaper to rent from a Santiago city location (e.g. Enterprise) but the convenience of picking up at the airport may be worth it.
Taxi would cost around 280 Euros.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back