• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hiring a car from Santiago to Zafra or ???

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Hey Ivar,
We will be flying into Santiago on August 18.
We'd like to begin walking a little north of Sevilla ... maybe Zafra?
We're hoping maybe it won't be quite so hot?

Anyway... it's inexpensive (about 44 Euros each) but a long bus ride and we wondered what it would cost to hire a car?

We also wondered if anyone else out there in Pilgrim land would be interested in sharing a car for that trip?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Annie, I know this is off the topic, but if you want to splurge on accommodation in Zafra we stayed at the Parador there. We stayed in a total of 6 Paradors through out Spain and this would have to be the best of them all - even better than the one at the Alhambra. Located in a fantastic old castle and just glorious. So if you want a last minute treat, check them out. Cheers, Jane

Thanks Jane. The one splurge I did on the Frances was in a Parador. I had walked the Meseta in the rain, was cold, sick, and weary and the alburgue was "completo." I dropped a bundle for a night of rest and privacy and it was worth every penny! That one night really refreshed me! So I know what you're saying!

I don't think we'll begin our Camino in the Parador, however, but thanks for the tip.
I"ll save that for 6 weeks into the trip when I'm weary and need some special care.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Even if you do not stay at the Parador in Zafra do have a drink and some tapas there. I have to agree with Janeh that it is one of the best with a really lovely courtyard. Again off topic but there are a number of paradors on the VdlP, we stayed at the one in Placencia just after it had opened.

I am not sure if you can drop of a hire car in Zafra but I suspect you can we have left cars in some very small towns over the years in Spain. You will probably have to use one large hire companies.

Buen Camino
William

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back