• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Historical Guide for Norte/Primitivo?

jvshenderson

Hi all, my wife and I just bought tickets to Barcelona for late June to early August, so I guess we're committed to this camino! We are still trying to decide between doing the Frances or the Norte (and maybe primitivo as well).

We are ok with the Norte being more difficult walking - in fact that is attractive because we love to hike and climb mountains.

But I love history and am looking forward to reading about the history of the trails and of Spain in general while we walk. I have seen a couple of historical guides that follow the Frances, but I know that there are less options for guides for the Norte. Does anybody know of a good, lightweight guide that could inform us of the history of the towns and trails that we encounter along the Camino del Norte?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Greeting jvshenderson,

I start walking the Del Norte to Oviedo then onto the Primitivo 22 June, I have put together my 'guidebook' but unfortunately it is not electronic. The tourist offices en route should be able to provide you with historical info. I hope we meet on the way. I will be watching this space.
Buen Camino Joy

I am planning to be in Barcelona around the 13th of July and then on to Irun by train. I am really excited to hear from other Northerner to see/hear what hey experineced. Stay in touch anyone who is giong North.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Terry, thanks for the info. I have much to read.

Bev

Back