Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Holiday Invierno on Facebook

peregrina2000

Staff member
I know some forum members don’t use facebook, but for those Invierno-lovers that do, a pilgrim set off this morning from Ponferrada. He is spending the night in Puente Domingo Flórez and had a stop in Borrenes. So it looks like some things are open!

The posts go to the Camino de Invierno’s facebook page. That’s one good looking empanada he is eating in a picture!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I know some forum members don’t use facebook, but for those Invierno-lovers that do, a pilgrim set off this morning from Ponferrada. He is spending the night in Puente Domingo Flórez and had a stop in Borrenes. So it looks like some things are open!

The posts go to the Camino de Invierno’s facebook page. That’s one good looking empanada he is eating in a picture!

I famously don't have FB, but just hearing about someone attempting to walk now is inspiring. Yes I'm curious about how many albergues/hostals are open in spite of the current situation.

I do hope I can return to the Invierno this summer, possibly as part of a combination with the Ebro and/or some other Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Thank you. We're planning on Walking the Invierno next year. I didn't know about the Facebook page. I'm going to enjoy looking at it!

I’m sorry, but it is 100% illegal what he is doing.

it is prohibited to leave Castilla y León and enter Galicia, but he doesn’t seem to care about the Covid-19 measures in force.

He has received a lot of criticism on the Facebook group page for his irresponsible attitude.

I would love nothing better than to drive up north from Salamanca and start walking, but I’m prepared to wait until it is safe and legal to do so.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I’m sorry, but it is 100% illegal what he is doing.

it is prohibited to leave Castilla y León and enter Galicia, but he doesn’t seem to care about the Covid-19 measures in force.

He has received a lot of criticism on the Facebook group page for his irresponsible attitude.

I would love nothing better than to drive up north from Salamanca and start walking, but I’m prepared to wait until it is safe and legal to do so.
You make a good point @Charrito! We should all keep on the right side of safety measures and the legal requirements. Camino walking will come back strong, when it is appropriate to travel.

Hi, Charrito, Thanks for that heads up. I had no idea it was illegal. I am not a very adept facebook user, but I have only seen one or two negative comments, which surprises me. So I must be looking in the wrong place.

I am not a very adept facebook user, but I have only seen one or two negative comments, which surprises me. So I must be looking in the wrong place.
Maybe you need to scroll down the Facebook page a little, to find the previous message started on December 23. That string has 66 comments. Those Facebook feeds are very hard to follow.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Charrito, Thanks for that heads up. I had no idea it was illegal. I am not a very adept facebook user, but I have only seen one or two negative comments, which surprises me. So I must be looking in the wrong place.
Good Morning from Salamanca (Castilla y León).

These are the current restrictions for Castilla y León:

• La Junta de Castilla y León ha acordado prorrogar hasta el domingo 10 de enero inclusive el cierre perimetral de la comunidad autónoma. Eso sí, habrá excepciones de cara a la Navidad.
  • De este modo, la entrada y salida de Castilla y León únicamente será posible del 23 al 26 de diciembre, del 30 de diciembre al 2 de enero. Esas excepciones serán solo para familiares, no para allegados.
  • Lo que no quiere decir, ha explicado el vicepresidente Francisco Igea, que, por ejemplo, si se llega el 23 se tenga que salir como muy tarde el 26. Se puede permanecer hasta el 2.
  • Fuera de las ventanas de fechas señaladas, la región estará cerrada a desplazamientos, aunque sí se podrán hacer los viajes que estén debidamente justificados.
These are some of the comments in the Facebook Group (I’ve left the original spelling and construction mistakes):

PERO PODRAS PASAR DE UNA COMUKIDAD A OTRA?

Una pregunta. Ves las noticias??

Creo que deberías quedarte en casa.....

Estamos en Galicia con cierres perimetrales sin poder visitar a familia y amigos, etc. Y tu pensando en hacer el camino? Estas de coña?

Tu se los estas faltando a todo el mundo saltandote las normas por el forro, pero nada estamos en España y aquí cada uno se la sopla, esta semana aquí en mi pueblo aún multaron a dos autocaravanas pir saltarse las normas por el forro pero nada cada uno que haga lo que le salga de la flauta

Queda en tu puñetera casa descerebrado

It IS illegal to leave Castilla y León.

• De este modo, la entrada y salida de Castilla y León únicamente será posible del 23 al 26 de diciembre, del 30 de diciembre al 2 de enero. Esas excepciones serán solo para familiares, no para allegados.
I am not trying to play devil's advocate here (honestly), but if the pilgrim in question happened, by accident or not, to walk across the border out of Castilla y León on one of these exception dates, wouldn't that make it not illegal? Not trying to condone the pilgrim's actions, just wondering.

I am not trying to play devil's advocate here (honestly), but if the pilgrim in question happened, by accident or not, to walk across the border out of Castilla y León on one of these exception dates, wouldn't that make it not illegal? Not trying to condone the pilgrim's actions, just wondering.
In any country ignorance of the law is no excuse...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The guy is from Petín (in Galicia), next to A Rúa, so he somehow travelled to Ponferrada (in Castilla y León) to start walking.

The 'exception dates' that you talk about were for people to be able to travel to visit their families over the Christmas or New Year period, and NOT for viajes injustificados (unnecessary journeys).

Update on Restrictions (Castilla y León and Galicia):

The President of the Junta de Castilla y León has just announced that the perimeter closure of the autonomous community will be extended after the 10th of January.

This means that you CANNOT cross from Castilla y León to Galicia. Puente de Domingo Flórez is in Castilla y León, but once you cross the bridge to Quereño you are in Galicia.

As it stands, the perimeter closure in Galicia is in force until the 6th of January, but there are still quite a few municipalities which have much stricter restrictions.

We will wait, but some time in the future?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back