• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

holy cow, its my 8th time out, and I'm nervous...

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
So these last two days have been nerve wracking at work. I had to do things like budget forecasts and finalizing contracts at a pace I would not rather.

And then I come home, thinking its time to chill and final pack, and my adrenaline and nerves rise.

I am heading out again, after numerous previous, and I am still nervous.

The VdlP will offer fewer friends (though others have said of higher quality).

I will have to walk my first day from Casar to Carnival without a stop for 20k or so.

I have the route well planned, but still scared. Too much me time? Not enough friends?

Just a note to say I never get over the jitters, each time I head out, despite my preparation and previous experience, I am always a little scared.

Pack tuned. Flights ready. I fly out 5/11 and start walking 5/13. Still though, the nerves mean I know that what I am getting into is not your ordinary 3+ weeks in the life.

Damien

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Gotta point out that it's a long 32 k walk from Casar de Cáceres to Canavaral, not 20 k or so. There are no stops. Bring plenty of water and food.
And may I add, after those 32, many of us missed the waymark into Canaveral which cost us another four km. When I say 'many' I mean three separate groups. If I had to do that again I'd stay on the main road the whole way after the embalse.

So these last two days have been nerve wracking at work. I had to do things like budget forecasts and finalizing contracts at a pace I would not rather.

And then I come home, thinking its time to chill and final pack, and my adrenaline and nerves rise.

I will have to walk my first day from Casar to Carnival without a stop for 20k or so.

I have the route well planned, but still scared. Too much me time? Not enough friends?

Just a note to say I never get over the jitters, each time I head out, despite my preparation and previous experience, I am always a little scared.

Pack tuned. Flights ready. I fly out 5/11 and start walking 5/13. Still though, the nerves mean I know that what I am getting into is not your ordinary 3+ weeks in the life.

Damien
I am nervous too and I laugh as I say this as this time only ten days and last year the whole trek of 800 km. It is the fear of the KNOWN!!
Good luck and have fun!

Buen Camino Damien!

Buen camino, Damien, I'm sure you enjoyed your stay in the Caceres parador, and now the real fun begins!
I'm still on the way to Caceres. Just boarded the train at Atocha... BTW via caparra in olive de plasencia cancelled my reservation yesterday. Bummer. Truck stop (hotel Asturias) it is for me! And a serious long day I wasn't expecting!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I can't tell from the website but I wonder if the albergue turistico is still an option in Oliva. I think it's such a nice alternative to the truck stop. Have you checked that out Damien? I stayed in the albergue, and thought it was a really nice one, and the walk if you follow Isabelle's map is great. Laurie

Damien
Wow... So cool. Haven't yet finished CP but VdlP will hopefully my next.
Any Camino I walk must meet two conditions
1- Longer then CP (Porto-SdC)
2- Few pilgrims

I am looking fwd to reading ur posts.

Enjoy....

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Damien

Buen Camino, Damien.

I can relate, flying to Spain in 2 weeks for my 5th time walking, and also nervous.

BTW - my first stretch, Granada to Cordoba, June 3rd - 10th (?), anybody planning the same?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Damien
I was also scared to start the

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back