• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Holy Year extended?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I apologize if this has already been answered. I did a search on Holy Year and there were three pages of posts, none of which seemed to directly answer the question.

Has the Pope extended Holy Year through 2020?
If so, where can I find the verification?

Thanks,
Annie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Through 2022? Yes.

There is something more official elsewhere, but you’ll see that Ivar lists the Holy Year(s) credential as 2021/22

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ok
I apologize if this has already been answered. I did a search on Holy Year and there were three pages of posts, none of which seemed to directly answer the question.

Has the Pope extended Holy Year through 2020?
If so, where can I find the verification?

Thanks,
Annie
At the special Mass said in Santiago a few weeks ago it celebrated the Holy Door which is only opened during a Holy Year. At the end of the Mass a Papal Annuncio delivered a special message from the Pope who decreed that 2022 will also be a Holy Year in Santiago.

I was planning my return to the Camino Frances in the spring of 2022, but have the sense it will be very crowded, so I'm thinking of waiting until 2023.
I've made all my reservations for 2022! ::happy jump:::
I don't know that it will be any more crowded than any other Holy Year.
Just have to wait and see.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've made all my reservations for 2022! ::happy jump:::
I don't know that it will be any more crowded than any other Holy Year.
Just have to wait and see.
Annie, I never made reservations, but I never walked during a Holy Year. What reservations have you made? How do you know where you will be each night?? Are you talking hotels/casa rurales or albergues? Just want to figure out the things I don't know.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Annie, I never made reservations, but I never walked during a Holy Year. What reservations have you made? How do you know where you will be each night?? Are you talking hotels/casa rurales or albergues? Just want to figure out the things I don't know.

Hi Kathy. Well, I've walked the Frances many times since 2006, so I have favorite places where I stay.
My reservations for 2022 are for a group I take every year or so, and we generally take the same route.
I've emailed most of my lodging folk.
We stay in both albergues and casa rurales.

Through 2022? Yes.

There is something more official elsewhere, but you’ll see that Ivar lists the Holy Year(s) credential as 2021/22

I received this one from Ivar along with my guidebook but it only has room for 34 stamps.

I received this one from Ivar along with my guidebook but it only has room for 34 stamps.
Many CF peregrinos will fill more than one credencial. I’ve filled nearly four on the CF before now. I filled a credencial on the Camino Ingles in only five days!

If you run out of space you can add extra paper or (sections of ..) another credencial.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Does anyone know a good shop I SDC where they have local cheeses, hams and other delicacies to take home?
The Galicia Rail pass is available to anyone who completes the Camino and is awarded the completion certificate. It allows for 3 days of train travel and also discounts to other places you may...
Has anybody recently volunteered at the Pilgrim office for the 15 day timeframe? Where did you stay in Santiago?
For those who are in Santiago 🙏🏻

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.