• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Home-Front Support

lanval

I wanted to take a moment to mention those around me that support me in my dream. I think sometimes these people are easy to forget in the excitement that is the mental and physical preparation for the Camino. They are my family, friends, and even the company I work for (who thought it was so cool and even offered to change my pay over the past year so I don’t miss any pay cheques while on the Camino). They are the cheerleaders, ego-boosters, and confidants.

So, to my wife Sandy who will have to deal with house and home for 5 weeks without a partner and still encourages and cajoles; thank you!
To my sons Kieran and Aleksander who are indulgent of the time I spend on this; thank you!
To my friends, Rick, Chris, Michelle, Kelly, Jennifer, Penny, Clint, Johnny, Gord, and Marg, who have for the past two years put up with my fluctuations from enthusiasm to “What the hell am I thinking?”; thank you!
To my workplace co-workers, HR, and owners fro all the support and well wishes; thank you!

To all the people everywhere that support these mad and wonderful endeavours; thank you!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
That was so nice to read. It is true that those at home are invaluable in order for us to follow our crazy journey. Everyone here also has been so excited for me. For the 2 other midwifes to cover for me for almost 3 months is a gift. And to those I often ask if they have heard enough of my stories, and they say no.... thanks
Lillian

and my partner who is going to have to deal with the aftermath of us moving house, putting in a new kitchen and general mayhem whilst also supporting me from afar. Thanks sweetheart, I could do it without you but you make it a whole lot easier.

And kids, I know you think your old mum has finally lost the plot but paying for my boots and teasing me about how many times I'll fall over in 500 miles... :D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back