• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hoping someone knows E Routes?

Limah

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2015
Hi Pilgims,

My heart is set on taking Camino Baztan. My hope is that someone knows an E Route that connects Baztan to Camino Vasco or Via de Bayonne. Any mappers out there? My goal: Bayonne to Burgos beginning with Baztan (not Via de Bayonne).

With Gratitude and Blessing,
Limah

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A forum member walked from Pamplona to the Vasco del Interior, she tried to base it on the historical Camino Viejo from Pamplona, she used way marked trails, farm tracks and roads. Caminka ( her name) left quite detailed instructions on how to do it, check out the Camino Viejo, Camino del la Montana Camino Olivdado topics, a post by Ovelha called Viejo Camino de Santiago has the caminka post (dated 30 march 2013). Sorry I can't give you a link, but my mobile is not up to it. That thread has very good other info on it as well.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@mikevasey I owe you a cosmic milkshake. Thank you so much. This thread is it. Will definitely ask her about albergues.
Now I can finally cross those Pyrenees through Baztan. Then Pamplona, Alsasua, Salvatierra, to Vitoria-Gasteiz. From Vitoria I pick up on Camino Vasco < https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.gronze.com/camino-de-santiago/caminos/guia-del-camino-vasco-del-interior&edit-text= >

Hurray! So grateful for this forum.
Limah:

Glad to see you have had success in finding your path. Zegema to Salvatierra is a great section of the Vasco. My avatar is a picture of the old Roman road you walk after passing through the tunnel. Absolutely beautiful walk.

Enjoy,
Joe

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.