• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hoping to Walk Geneva to LePuy in Sept 2020

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Time of past OR future Camino
2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
Very excited about researching this Geneva to LePuy route for 2020 in September. Lots of information so far seems to be a bit dated ( 2014-2016 ), hoping someone has updated resources for guidebooks, route suggestions, accommodations, etc. ( yes, I do speak a bit of French which I'm told will be useful if not necessary )
Thank you to all for your assistance advance!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The guide you really want is the 'yellow Guide' for up to date accommodations. The 2019 is out now, by next September the 2020 should be out. From here:

I also found useful the Topo Guide (with good maps for finding short cuts) but not necessary. Does not come out every year as far as I know, but you can get a 2019 copy here:

I have a blog with pictures of my 2015 walk starting in Geneva here:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/from-geneva-to-the-end-of-the-world.40650/

I really adored the Geneva route (Via Gebennensis), happy planning!

Davey

Very excited about researching this Geneva to LePuy route for 2020 in September. Lots of information so far seems to be a bit dated ( 2014-2016 ), hoping someone has updated resources for guidebooks, route suggestions, accommodations, etc. ( yes, I do speak a bit of French which I'm told will be useful if not necessary )
Thank you to all for your assistance advance!
I wish you well in your time capsule...!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We walked in May 2018. We used the yellow guide. Our small amount of French was very useful. We had practiced some French for our 2016 camino and also worked on it more for this camino.
You can take a look at our blog if you wish.

The guide you really want is the 'yellow Guide' for up to date accommodations. The 2019 is out now, by next September the 2020 should be out. From here:

I also found useful the Topo Guide (with good maps for finding short cuts) but not necessary. Does not come out every year as far as I know, but you can get a 2019 copy here:

I have a blog with pictures of my 2015 walk starting in Geneva here:

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/from-geneva-to-the-end-of-the-world.40650/

I really adored the Geneva route (Via Gebennensis), happy planning!

Davey
Hi Davey, did you use any online maps or know how to access? I plan to also do the route next year. Either in June or mid to late August. Any suggestions. I will get the yellow 2020 guide when it comes out.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Davey, did you use any online maps or know how to access? I plan to also do the route next year. Either in June or mid to late August. Any suggestions. I will get the yellow 2020 guide when it comes out.

At the time no. First I never had a phone with me, plus the route was so well marked all I really needed was the Yellow Guide for accommodation. I did carry the Topo guide for maps just in case a secluded or difficult part had to be got around due to bad weather etc.

Since that Camino I now use maps.me and download a GPX file for the route I am on, and when I walk the Geneva route again I will use that. maps.me is free, you download the maps you need, and don't need internet to access them on your phone. Then download a GPX file into maps.me so it shows the route. Plus maps.me shows you town plans, bars, gites, hospitals, pharmacies etc.

Hope that helps
Davey

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back