• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hornillos accommodation recommendation not meeting point

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Can anyone recommend accommodation in Hornillos not Meeting point as I cannot get a reply from them.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Can anyone recommend accommodation in Hornillos not Meeting point as I cannot get a reply from them.
It depends what you're looking for, of course. In 2013, we stayed at El Molino, an incredibly tranquil casa rurale about 5 miles outside of Hornillos. (When you arrive in Hornillos, you call the owner and he'll come pick you up and then deliver you back to the camino in the morning). Very peaceful, with beautiful grounds, a river flowing through it, and peacocks all around. The owners are very hospitable, and we had a great communal dinner and breakfast. For our private room, lunch when we arrived, dinner, and breakfast, we paid a total of 78 euros for my wife and I. After doing all of the Frances, plus the Portuguese and the Primitivo, it remains our favorite accommodation.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What's wrong with the municipal? I remember a roof, a bed, hot water and a flushing toilet. And it's convenience to a friendly bar.
I remember the quite good municipal being jam-packed going into a gym with around 100 others 1 gents 2 ladies showers having projectile vomiting and swearing never again. So next time it was a few doors down the street Sol A Sol clean, good, separate accommodation and a good kitchen.

But I can recommend Neson....A restaurant at the end of the town. It is owned by an Irish lady. I stayed for an hour or so chatting away to her. She even asked if I would stay for a meal. It was very warm so I opted on walking ahead to Hontanas. Her reason to stay in Spain..Love! :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In 2014 we stayed in Hostal de Sol a Sol with Samuel. It was great, clean, comfortable and welcoming. Ask Samuel about his families experience with the making of the movie " The Way" !! We have great memories of our stay there.
All the best, Anne & Pat.

I stayed at El Afar right across the street from the meeting point. They have communal meal offered and a nice back yard. It was clean and had nice people when I stayed in October 2017

Excellent new Albergue El Pajar across the road from the Meeting point. I was very sick to the point of collapse when I arrived and the hospitalero/owner and his wife were so caring to me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I would second El Afar, but there are lots of new things happening in Hornillas, like the Korean Barbecue place.

I would second El Afar, but there are lots of new things happening in Hornillas, like the Korean Barbecue place.

Many thanks just booked

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I remember the quite good municipal being jam-packed going into a gym with around 100 others 1 gents 2 ladies showers having projectile vomiting and swearing never again. So next time it was a few doors down the street Sol A Sol clean, good, separate accommodation and a good kitchen.
Yes, I remember the sol a sol (won’t tell you what auto correct did with that name!). Very nice, attentive owner, good kitchen and laundry. Wonderful dinner made with camino friends- some of whom I am still in touch with. Highly recommend

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Glad you found somewhere. I stayed at Meeting Point last year and it was very good

It depends what you're looking for, of course. In 2013, we stayed at El Molino, an incredibly tranquil casa rurale about 5 miles outside of Hornillos. (When you arrive in Hornillos, you call the owner and he'll come pick you up and then deliver you back to the camino in the morning). Very peaceful, with beautiful grounds, a river flowing through it, and peacocks all around. The owners are very hospitable, and we had a great communal dinner and breakfast. For our private room, lunch when we arrived, dinner, and breakfast, we paid a total of 78 euros for my wife and I. After doing all of the Frances, plus the Portuguese and the Primitivo, it remains our favorite accommodation.
Do you have contact info for El Molino, can't seem to google it?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed there Sept 2017. One of the nicest casa rurals of my journey. The owners, Mercedes and Maximo (sp?) refurbished the house, which was once a working mill.
The creek runs under the house. Excellent accommodations & food, and very friendly folks.

Molino Galochas
Villavante 24393
ESPAÑA

Mobile: 629 96 38 70
Teléfono fijo: 987 38 85 46

https://www.molinogalochas.com

Do you have contact info for El Molino, can't seem to google it?

Here is a current web page for El Molino in Vilviestre de Muño.
https://m.casasrurales.net/casas-rurales/el-molino-del-camino--c4969

It is a splendid stop; a handsome and most comfortable bed and breakfast with good food in a renovated water mill! Past years of you telephoned they would pick you up on the Camino and bring you back to the same spot next morning. I happily stayed there in February 2009 when the Hornillos albergue was closed for badly needed basic renovation.

Last edited:
If you have seen the Martin Sheen movie "The Way" then you will have seen El Molino. The casa rural is own & operated by Martin's grandson's mother-in-law. Its about 20 km from Hornillos - but they will pick up and drop you back at the village. There is a phone number in Brierley. Cheers

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We stayed at Casa del Abuelo, a casa rural in Hornillos. It was quite nice and had a good kitchen. I think the number is 661 869618

We stayed at Casa del Abuelo, a casa rural in Hornillos. It was quite nice and had a good kitchen. I think the number is 661 869618
Hi, I made a reservation with Casa de Abuelo - they asked if I could make a deposit, but not totally necessary. I just don't want to lose my reservation if we get there late. Not sure how to make a deposit, but they provided me with a BIC number. Any recommendations? Pay Pal? I'm in California Thanks

Is this another old thread (dated December 2017)? El Afar is fun and does a nice communal paella. There is a Korean barbecue restaurant in town open during the summer. The Korean restaurant owner is great friends of the owners of El Afar, so you have a choice without offending anyone.
BTW I think Meeting Point may be closed for the season or probably only waits for pilgrims to show up, reservations are not necessary.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, I made a reservation with Casa de Abuelo - they asked if I could make a deposit, but not totally necessary. I just don't want to lose my reservation if we get there late. Not sure how to make a deposit, but they provided me with a BIC number. Any recommendations? Pay Pal? I'm in California Thanks
I made reservations by phone - no deposit, or by Booking.com. Are you going there from Burgos? If so its not too long a walk, only about 20kms, so you're not likely to be too late.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?
I have nothing against Koreans or barbecue but I guess I'll stick to other Caminos and leave Frances for the winter months. If at all... :)

Hi, Olivia,

Why would you do reservation for Hornillos while you're still in California???
God forbid something happen on the way to the airport. Or later.
Calm down. Wait. It's not high season. Every pension/B&B/hostal (etc.) owner will be glad to see you even if you reserve just half an hour in advance :)

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I made reservations by phone - no deposit, or by Booking.com. Are you going there from Burgos? If so its not too long a walk, only about 20kms, so you're not likely to be too late.
Thank you and yes, departing Burgos to Hornillos.

Lots of Koreans on the Camino due to a movie or book, their holiday time is during winter so you will meet lots of them. Reb raves about the ribs from this place.

My post was from 2018, the Korean place was no longer there in 2019.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Cindi and I stayed at the Municipal for our first CF (2014). The hospitalero was very nice, our beds were comfortable and the location is right next to the church, a cute plaza with a rooster statue, and a nice bar/restaurant. For our next three caminos (2017, 2019, 2021) we stayed in Casa de Abuelo, and it was superb! We had private rooms with private baths. We had our laundry done each time and enjoyed meals there (sometimes, breakfast, lunch and dinner). We will not hesitate to stay there again. The town is a bit unpredictable during the weekends. During our 2021 camino, we stopped at the bar by the main plaza and had a few drinks. The dinner menu was posted and we asked if they were serving that evening. Yes. We returned for dinner and it was closed tight! Fortunately we returned to Casa de Abeulo and had a nice dinner there. Bob

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back