• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Horrible hébergement

Domidom

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances, 2
camino del Salvador
Camino del Norte
Camino Primitivo
Camino de la Plata
Etc...
With 12 other pilgrims we spent a night in a so-called "pilgrim" accommodation in Igreja between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes. After a reception shipped and cold (immediate payment) the hostess did not bother to show us places. We ate a plate of pasta (without meat or fish) where a few pieces of tomatoes and cheese were lost. That's all.! No bread or fruit ... for 5 € served in an open garage (12 degrees) while there was a dining room ..
I pointed out to the hostess that after a long stage, the pilgrims were expecting a complement ... She just replied "that's it" by raising her arms. I denounce this kind of trade that while displaying the shell, scam the pilgrims.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I’m sorry you had such an experience. It sounds like after your walk that day you would have welcomed a better meal amid a bit more warmth. Try to look on the bright side ... whatever better meal and accommodation you receive from now on, how much more you will appreciate it. :)

That’s really gouging and thankfully an exception. Suggest you post reviews on Gronze.com and other sites warning other pilgrims.
Was it in Brierleys book? If so he will appreciate the feedback.
Buen Camino
Happymark

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Gouging? What do you mean? I wrote a report to Gronze, and also to a french forum. So I wrote to the host.. She was not happy with my opinion! 😁

[QUOTE = "C clairement, post: 731482, membre: 1589"]
Es-tu sérieux? Cinq euros, c'est de l'arnaque? On ne sait même pas si c'est pour un repas, ou un repas plus un lit.

Je vois une leçon ici.
[/CITATION]
Ils for a pasta plate! Nothing else... No meat no fish and... 15 gram of cheese.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
[QUOTE = "C clairement, post: 731482, membre: 1589"]
Es-tu sérieux? Cinq euros, c'est de l'arnaque? On ne sait même pas si c'est pour un repas, ou un repas plus un lit.

Je vois une leçon ici.
[/CITATION]
Ils for a pasta plate! Nothing else... No meat no fish and... 15 gram of cheese.

I already replied to another original post of you that got deleted.
So you know my opinion of your " small unfortunate mishap". Walk on and forget it. It was just one day on your Camino.

15 grams of cheese? Do you take a kitchen scale with you on a pilgrimage? :)

If you are expecting anything, you are bound to be disappointed.
And if you think being a pilgrim entitles you to compliments that is especially so.

Tourists who pay for expensive hotels can complain all they like. But as a pilgrim, gratitude is a trait worth cultivating. Anyway, for 5 Euros, it's good you got anything.

[QUOTE = "VNwalking, post: 731591, member: 38350"]
Si vous attendez quelque chose , vous serez forcément déçu.
Pensez-vous être-vous contenté du droit des compliments, c'est particulièrement le cas.

Les touristes qui passaient pour les hôtels lourds peuvent se plaindre comme bon leur semble. Mais en tant que pèlerin, la gratitude est un trait qui mérite d'être cultivé. En tout cas, pour 5 euros, c'est bien que vous ayez quelque chose.
[/CITATION]
[QUOTE = "VNwalking, post: 731591, member: 38350"]
Si vous attendez quelque chose , vous serez forcément déçu.
Et si vous pensez être un pèlerin vous donne droit à des compliments, c'est particulièrement le cas.

Les touristes qui paient pour des hôtels coûteux peuvent se plaindre comme bon leur semble. Mais en tant que pèlerin, la gratitude est un trait qui mérite d’être cultivé. En tout cas, pour 5 euros, c'est bien que vous ayez quelque chose.
[/CITATION]
Hello You answer me as if you know me! After dozens of paths and hundreds of hostels, I know how to differentiate between accommodations that are in the spirit of the pilgrimage and others .... So, please keep your words lenient and go see on the spot before judge. Good way 😉

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
With 12 other pilgrims we spent a night in a so-called "pilgrim" accommodation in Igreja between Ponte de Lima and Rubiaes. After a reception shipped and cold (immediate payment) the hostess did not bother to show us places. We ate a plate of pasta (without meat or fish) where a few pieces of tomatoes and cheese were lost. That's all.! No bread or fruit ... for 5 € served in an open garage (12 degrees) while there was a dining room ..
I pointed out to the hostess that after a long stage, the pilgrims were expecting a complement ... She just replied "that's it" by raising her arms. I denounce this kind of trade that while displaying the shell, scam the pilgrims.
Thanks for the warning!

I appreciate the feed back about this place. I know as pilgrims we are expected to take what we get and be grateful. I get that. For me, hearing about this just allows me to prepare better when I know I will arrive on that stage and to expect minimal - if any - comforts. Or, book somewhere else! That isn't a bad if you know before hand. But if you are tired, cold, hungry and were expecting one thing but get another its reasonable to be disappointed. its less about a review that says "Don't ever got there!" and more about a review that informs me "Here is what to expect when you get here". Personally, I appreciate that and of information when I am planning a camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Any advice about places to stay in Armenteira? I am doing my first Camino starting May 2, and I had planned on doing the Spiritual Variant. However, it seems like there are limited options for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back