• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Horseback up to O Cebreiro?

Chris Gi

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I are starting our Camino in Pamplona and meeting up with friends in Leon. What will then be our little group of 6 want to do the climb up to O Cebrerio on the hoses provided at a stable in Herrerias. Does anyone have any comments as to how well this works out? From there our next bed for the night is in Samos which I know is way too far to walk in the time we will have left that day. So, I would also appreciate any suggestions as to how to get to Samos from O Cebreiro apart from walking the whole way:rolleyes: . Looking at Brierley's book - it doesn't look as if we will be close to a main road or means of transportation.
Love this forum:)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
If you intend to walk part of the way, you could walk to Triacastela and taxi from there. There were taxis there. Although in my opinion one of the prettiest walks on the whole journey was the walk from Triacastela into Samos. And the view of the monastry looking down through gaps in the wall was awesome.
There was a thread about a week ago about taking the horses up.

You might book a taxi to take you from O Cebreiro to Samos. Here are several taxis which leave from the nearby village if Piedrafita do Cebreiro.
https://www.paxinasgalegas.es/taxis-pedrafita-do-cebreiro-487ep_138ay.html
Thank you very much - that makes me feel so much better. Looks as if you are an absolute Camino Professional. The Camino has been on my Bucket List for years and as my husband and I are just a couple of years off the big 80 we had better do it while we are still upright and mobile. Our Camino will be a little more forgiving than that of so many of you who are walking the whole 500 miles - I envy you:)

If you intend to walk part of the way, you could walk to Triacastela and taxi from there. There were taxis there. Although in my opinion one of the prettiest walks on the whole journey was the walk from Triacastela into Samos. And the view of the monastry looking down through gaps in the wall was awesome.
There was a thread about a week ago about taking the horses up.
Thank you:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Although in my opinion one of the prettiest walks on the whole journey was the walk from Triacastela into Samos. p.
I fully agree. Additionally, take the time to go on the guided tour of the monastery, it's beautiful.

My suggestion is to check with the stable well ahead of time. For 6 people you may not be able to take the whole group at one time. I have ridden a horse the past two years. It was a special treat but there are some logistics to be considered.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
My suggestion is to check with the stable well ahead of time. For 6 people you may not be able to take the whole group at one time. I have ridden a horse the past two years. It was a special treat but there are some logistics to be considered.
Thank you - we do have our booking already :) Do tell what are the logistics!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ask Victor what he suggests for your pack. The first time I had to send it ahead by transport. This past year I was able to wear it. You are already considering where to go next when you reach OCebreiro, how far to walk or take a taxi. When I rode, he would take only three at a time, but it sounds like you have things arranged with him already. Buen Camino!

Ask Victor what he suggests for your pack. The first time I had to send it ahead by transport. This past year I was able to wear it. You are already considering where to go next when you reach OCebreiro, how far to walk or take a taxi. When I rode, he would take only three at a time, but it sounds like you have things arranged with him already. Buen Camino!
I hope it is all arranged but now worries. We have organized our backpacks to be sent on to Samos. I just hope that we can catch up with them once we get to O Cebreiro
Thank you

If I recall Victor only takes four at a time. Give him a call. He is a very interesting guy who speaks perfect english.

Attachments

• 2146C2B9-92CA-4552-847E-11E4AE1B8150.JPG
    2146C2B9-92CA-4552-847E-11E4AE1B8150.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Sad you have to get all the way to Samos, I agree that some of the most beautiful scenery and walking of the whole CF is between O Cebreiro and Samos.

Consider taking a taxi to Fonfria and then you could enjoy the beautiful walk down to Tricastela. Its just 10K and downhill (but not steep.) It is a beautiful walk and one of my favorite. You could then taxi from there to Samos.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A group of friends I was walking with last year decided to take the horses up the hill....the horses turned up 2 hours later than the expected time so this put their plans out a bit, so just be aware that everything happens in Camino time not yours!

My husband and I are starting our Camino in Pamplona and meeting up with friends in Leon. What will then be our little group of 6 want to do the climb up to O Cebrerio on the hoses provided at a stable in Herrerias. Does anyone have any comments as to how well this works out? From there our next bed for the night is in Samos which I know is way too far to walk in the time we will have left that day. So, I would also appreciate any suggestions as to how to get to Samos from O Cebreiro apart from walking the whole way:rolleyes: . Looking at Brierley's book - it doesn't look as if we will be close to a main road or means of transportation.
Love this forum:)
Oh, try to walk from Triacastela-it's beautiful!

Oh, try to walk from Triacastela-it's beautiful!
Thank you - that is what I hope we can do. I am hoping that we can book a taxi to take us from O Cebreiro to Tricastela. I have heard that it is one of the most beautiful walks on the Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back