• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hospedería San Martín Pinario

Carole

Across from the cathedale of santiaglo there is the hotel Hospedería San Martín Pinario
I would appreciate your comments from anyone who has stayed at this hotel or who has considered staying at this place. They also mention they have a dorm for 20E - what is that like? Also what was your experience at their restaurant. My two different guidebooks have no mention of it.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There are 258 reviews on Booking.com

18th October: It was a clean but basic "hotel" with a perfect location. Beds were very comfortable and new, shower amazingly good. Great to be able to stay in a historic building.

12th October: I had walked the Camino Santiago. It was a good standard of hotel having stayed in hostal-type accommodation for most of the walk. Location was excellent.

11th October: We liked the atmosphere; it captured very well the spirituality of Santiago de Compostela because it is a monastery converted into a hotel. The architecture is awesome. It didn't have an elevator (they are putting one in now). It also didn't have phones or TV in the room, which was somewhat cramped.

8th October: Comfortable; very friendly, helpful staff; welcoming; ideally situated; excellent breakfast; good lunch; will tell family and friends about the hospederia

etc etc etc

I think it is expensive at 74 euro a night.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/santiag ... or.en.html

It's OK, for what it is.

A friend stayed there when we were in Santiago. I declined to stay also because I wasn't prepared to pay that sort of dosh.

Situation absolutely perfect.

I don't agree about the breakfast being good: usual hotel fare, only cold food and the coffee was undrinkable, IMO.

I much preferred breakfast in one of the bars in Santiago where you get the milk in your coffee frothed up.

Original architecture and the cloister especially very impressive but I didn't care for some of the renovation touches.

I have a very critical eye when it comes to architecture so please feel free to ignore that last remark, if you wish.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I stayed there this past July. It was marvelous. It was not 74 euros/night however. Oh wait, maybe it was...but it was for the room, so we split it. It was 33 euros per person, if I recall. It was the only splurge on the Camino. The remarks about the breakfast are true- very, very basic. Except when I am walking (which I wasn't at that stage of the Camino!) I don't even eat breakfast. All I want is a decent cafe (con leche) or tea. But that was not to be found here. Lots of bread to toast, yougurt, fruit etc... It seemed as if a lot of religious stayed here. We found out about it from our Spanish friend who was on his 3rd Camino- he was a teacher from Bilbao. At any rate, we were tickled pink to be staying in such a glorious setting, with such luxurious (all relative mind you!) amenities. The sheets were divine. The shower also heaven-sent. There was wi-fi too! And all right next door to the Cathedral (right where the Camino goes through the tunnel to the Plaza Obradoiro. I would highly recommend staying here. If you've the 33 euros to spare that is

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.