• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hospitalero in Arres- ( Camino Aragones)

Pingüigrino

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Aragones, Vasco del Interior, Baztanes. (Frances Winter, La Plata, Camino de Invierno, Mozarabe, Norte, Primitivo.)
Hi all.
If one of you pass the last two weeks of April for Arres, you will be wellcomed to stay one nigth there. If don´t come to say hi. I will be hospitalero in the Donativo Albergue ot that little town. Will be my pleasure to share a cup of coffe or a glass of wine.
Buen Camio to you all honest people.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi all.
If one of you pass the last two weeks of April for Arres, you will be wellcomed to stay one nigth there. If don´t come to say hi. I will be hospitalero in the Donativo Albergue ot that little town. Will be my pleasure to share a cup of coffe or a glass of wine.
Have a nice time .

Wish you well , Peter .

Hi all.
Oh, one of my favorite albergues! I remember that the hospitaleros had the church key and took us on a little tour. And after our communal dinner, they insisted we go sit on a bench and watch the sunset. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I think I remember that Arres was in total disarray and decay till the albergue opened up. And then the government offered abandoned stone houses for 1 € if the buyer would promise to restore in historically appropriate ways and also promise to live there. It is beautiful.

And thanks to pinguigrino and all the other wonderful people who donate their time (and often put up with a LOT) to take care of us!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi all.
Enjoy the sunrises and sunsets, they are equally breathtaking. Ultreya

Agree with all. An albergue not to be missed. Beautiful views, great little restaurant and wonderful communal dinner. A quintessential Camino experience. Enjoy your time as Hospitalero.

Here's a couple of shots approaching Arrés and overlooking Arrés.

Dayton and Karenimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Agree with all. An albergue not to be missed. Beautiful views, great little restaurant and wonderful communal dinner. A quintessential Camino experience. Enjoy your time as Hospitalero.

Here's a couple of shots approaching Arrés and overlooking Arrés.

Dayton and KarenView attachment 40979View attachment 40980

Karen!!! Don't mean to derail the thread, but wanted to say hi. How many years ago did we meet in Lisbon?! Are you guys planning another camino?

Great pictures of the approach to Arres. It makes no sense that this camino is decreasing in numbers. Pingüigrino, I will be interested to learn how many pilgrims you see.

3C9075A2-DF67-4CC5-9DB2-881AC3A6F44B.jpeg95751F60-A7B2-4A21-993B-3CBEDC82410E.jpegB76BB5BE-3D27-4187-9699-9AF362F7A0A1.jpeg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi all.

It's a WONDERFUL albergue!
Have fun!

Karen!!! Don't mean to derail the thread, but wanted to say hi. How many years ago did we meet in Lisbon?! Are you guys planning another camino?

Great pictures of the approach to Arres. It makes no sense that this camino is decreasing in numbers. Pingüigrino, I will be interested to learn how many pilgrims you see.

View attachment 40982View attachment 40983View attachment 40984
Hi Laurie. We met in May '15. Nothing imminent planned...2 new grandchildren. All good!!! All the best to you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Oh, one of my favorite albergues! I remember that the hospitaleros had the church key and took us on a little tour. And after our communal dinner, they insisted we go sit on a bench and watch the sunset. BEAUTIFUL!!!

I think I remember that Arres was in total disarray and decay till the albergue opened up. And then the government offered abandoned stone houses for 1 € if the buyer would promise to restore in historically appropriate ways and also promise to live there. It is beautiful.

And thanks to pinguigrino and all the other wonderful people who donate their time (and often put up with a LOT) to take care of us!

It was a lovely night, wasn't it? I particularly remember watching the sunset.

@Pingüigrino a fellow hospitalero (we were together in Ponferrada) is now in Arres and says that it has been VERY quiet, some days without pilgrims. Still a lovely place to be, hope one day to volunteer there.

Enjoy!

The albergue in Arrés was certainly one of the highlights of our first camino, Arles to Muxia, 2015.
The two hospitaleas wrote an individual message for each pilgrim, wonderful communal dinner and walk to the church. It was an absolute privilege to experience it, a real camino moment.
The walk from Oloron Sainte Marie to Somport and the via Aragones was just delightful.
I find the feeling of history and past lives in those regions and hill towns like Arrés to be overwelming.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @Pingüigrino how are you doing in Arres? You must have taken over from Luís. Hope that you have more pilgrims visiting than he had. Enjoy the rest of your estancia.

Ultreia
Hi. Luis left quickly because his mate hospi was in a hurry. Not much pilgrims those days, but weather is glorious now and pilgrims will came soon, for sure. If not, there are lots of bottles of beer to test here. Only research, of course.

We were two of seven pilgrims there last week - a crowd for sure on the Aragones since every other Alburgue we stayed at was empty! Beautiful hosts and company.

98EBA054-752D-4517-8D77-97EC1131154A.jpeg04F479D1-BD61-46A5-B29B-92F7668278F3.jpeg

Hi all.
I had a wonderful welcome by the volunteers. Small, clean welcoming and excellent.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
And THAT’S an example of why Arres is soooooo special......

I walked this route as my second camino, after the Frances from SJpdP. I plan on walking it again one day from Oloron Ste Marie. I find from recent threads that I missed much on my first time through. And the night in Arres is certainly a high point of this camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi. I walked the Camino Aragone from Oloron to Obanos over the last 10 days. Arres is the first stop and very special, as mentioned. Eduardo was just leaving and Felipe and ? had just arrived as hospitaleros. Next nowadays is Ruesta, and they are busy renovating and it is excellent. 12 kms after Ruesta is UNDUES DE LERDA and they now have 2 new pilgrim hostels if you do not want to go all the way to Sanguesa. A truly enjoyable walk, but beware the clay paths after Sanguesa if it is raining. There were never more than 4 people overnighting so a real option over SJPdP.

View attachment 40982View attachment 40983View attachment 40984
Hi. A little late responding!!!!!!! We met you in Lisbon in May 2015. We've been babysitting our grandson for the past several years so haven't walked any Caminos since. We are heading to Ireland in a month to do some walking. Another Camino is certainly on the horizon. Thanks for asking. Karen

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    938.5 KB · Views: 12

Most read last week in this forum

We are walking next September from Jaca to Santa Cilia and Sanguesa to Abinzado where according to Gronze there are several extended parts of 10-15km without services and would like to hear...
I'm walking the Aragones in April, probably starting in Somport. I'm trying to get an idea of the public transport I'll need. BTW, thanks to everyone for all the info in previous posts. I've...
I've been working on stages from Oloron-Sainte-Marie, and have come up with this plan. I'm hoping that those experienced with this route can chime in on whether these stages sound reasonable, or...
An article yesterday about plans by the Government of Aragon to promote the Caminos which pass through the region. Better publicity for their albergues, improved signposting and the creation of a...
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back