Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Hospitalero Training

obinjatoo@yahoo.com

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
2012 Dieppe, FR Bici CF.
2014 Ruta Vasco/CF/Primativo
I had a thoroughly profound and enlightening experience while on the Way of St. James last year. As a result, I would like to offer my time as a hospitalero. I keep hearing that I need to do a training which is fine. But I can't seem to find one.
Anybody know where I can find one? I've tried my nearest chapter to no avail. I can travel anywhere.
I would be happy to organize one. There are a few folks in my area that are interested. Does anyone what is required to put one on? How do I find a trainer?
Thanks,
Robin

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Maggie97520

Past OR future Camino
CDF Fall 2013, CDF Spring 2014
If you're in the US, try American Pilgrims of the Camino - I remember reading the summer newsletter that listed hospitalaro training.

Past OR future Camino
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
If you're in the north-central US, you might want to check out the possibility of hospitalero training at their next session in London, Ontario, in late October (http://canadianhospitaleros.blogspot.ca/). There are usually have participants from the US.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

dorkings

The Confraternity of St James in london funds 2 albergues in Rabanal del Camino & Miraz & provide training for selected hospitaleros ( for 2014 now) & may be able to help with advice on training in other hostels regards Robin Dorkings

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Planning to train hospitaleros (in English) the first weekend of December 2013 here at the Peaceable Kingdom in Moratinos, out in the dead center of the Frances.
There's room for one or two more people, please contact me if you are interested.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads