Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Hospitales Route

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Podiensis, Olvidado, Invierno
We were blessed with good weather today from Campiello to Berducedo. I didn’t realize how powerful this stage would be for me, in every way, physically, psychologically, and spiritually, for my own reasons. I know the other route is also wonderful, but based on my experience today and what I now know, if the weather is bad, I think I would advise a first time pilgrim like me to wait it out until the weather is good, if time allows. The Hospitales Route is just too good to miss, for more reasons than the spectacular views. Also, staying at a casa rural in Berducedo as a one night alternative to an albergue is a splurge and a real treat after an intense day.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I wholeheartedly agree! This is a special place that brings home the hardships that pilgrims of yore must have experienced as they walked through these mountains. Their perseverance through this place and the loving care they would have received at the hospitals when they were cold, starving and some quite ill, leaves an amazing residual energy for sure. It was an emotional day for me. Then add the intense physicality of the day and the personal achievement, it makes for a powerful day!

Another wonderful day will be the stage from A Fonsagrada to O Cádavo, climbing to the Hospital de Montouto. This has been a holy place for millennia, as evidenced by the small grouping of standing stones, just behind the Hospital called the Pedras Dereitas. It is attributed to Neolithic times. Most pilgrims miss it and walk right on by! I spent some time here, soaking in this sacred place.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.