• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostal Juli

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, has anyone stayed at Hostal Juli in San Justo de la Vega in the last couple of years?

I’m looking for somewhere to stay for a group of 12 next year.

We would probably have stayed in Villar de Mazarife the night before (24 kms), and San Justo de la Vega is about half way before Rabanal for the next night (25 kms).

Astorga is only about 3 or 4 kms further on, but I can’t find anything budget there that will fit 12 individuals (i.e. not double beds).

Hostal Juli doesn’t grab me, and there is absolutely nothing to do in that town, but the staff were friendly enough when I stopped by for a café con leche last time I passed by.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed there in 2011 and the owners then were really friendly. Good decent restaurant too.
Two other pilgrims and I had a great afternoon in the bar, took a stroll , went to the tienda. I remember that the local library still had one of those computers with a coinslot ( paying ).
Then again I do like those small places on the Camino where nothing much happens....

When I walked by in 2017 on my way to Astorga they were renovating the place.

This is just a side note to @SabineP 's post. I am amazed many times when pilgrims can recall minute details on places they have stayed or villages passed through on the camino. Her memory of little details is an example of what I'm talking about...and it was from ten years ago!

Last edited:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I haven't stayed there; however, we stopped at the bar on 15 Oct 2019 for second breakfast around 7:30 am. Although we had gloves on, our hands were frozen, unsurprisingly, fresh snow-capped the Montes of Leon. I remember the kindness of the bar-owner as we sought heat for our bodies and radiators to dry our damp outerwear. It was a welcome respite from the freezing morning. Plus a short walk into Astorga.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back