• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

hostal LindaMar (formerly Hostal Miraltajo)

Peter Morrill

I've just had an email from the owners, Linda & Maarten, to say that they are not opening the hostal this year. Does anyone know of any other accomodation nearby that will accept a one night stay in Easter Week? The website for Embalse de Alcantara (nearby) says that they only do 3 night bookings in high season. I am quite willing to sleep on a floor!

Peter Morrill

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Peter

They were also closed when I walked. I had the same dilemma and plumped for a very short day into Casar de Cacares (cake to die for btw) then an etapa of 32k or so to Carnaveral then onto Galisteo in 28k.

Happy planning

John

Hello Peter, agree entirely with Johnny. You can rest at Linda and Maartens place. Use their veranda if they are not home. There is a steep hill when you leave their place, but once on the top the terrain is relatively flat until you descend to Canaveral. We found the refugio there to be uninhabitable and ended up in a hostal (15 euros with breakfast) on the main road. Good food and hospitality. I hope you enjoy yourself/selves
Kevin

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back