• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Is Hostal Navarra in Pamplona Safe to Walk to at Night?

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances April 2020
Hello,
I am worried about the safety of walking from the bus station in Pamplona to the Hostal Navarra. It is supposed to be very close in location to the bus station. I'm only worried because I will be alone and the arrival time is 8:30 pm.

Has anyone stayed here and walked it at night? Thanks in advance.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In Spanish culture, many people aren't even having their evening meal until after 9pm. So 8:30pm is not late. Furthermore, Spain is in a time zone that often means the sun doesn't rise until 8am and doesn't set until around 9pm. Check a sunset/sunrise schedule for that time of year to reassure yourself. Buen camino.

Check a sunset/sunrise schedule for that time of year to reassure yourself
Use this link and the slider on the sun graph to get that information for the desired date. The blurb below gives the current month but you can access any date.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’ve stayed there.
Really liked it, very nice for the price.
It’s not even a 3 minute walk from the bus station, unless the light on the pedestrian crossing is against you.
I understand your nervousness, but honestly don’t worry. Pamplona is a busy friendly city not a crime ridden ghetto.
In fact i recommend going for a short stroll to a nearby plaza once you’ve checked in to take in the atmosphere.

I’ve stayed there.
Really liked it, very nice for the price.
It’s not even a 3 minute walk from the bus station, unless the light on the pedestrian crossing is against you.
I understand your nervousness, but honestly don’t worry. Pamplona is a busy friendly city not a crime ridden ghetto.
In fact i recommend going for a short stroll to a nearby plaza once you’ve checked in to take in the atmosphere.
Thank you!!! Now I really feel comfortable about staying there.

Hello,
I am worried about the safety of walking from the bus station in Pamplona to the Hostal Navarra. It is supposed to be very close in location to the bus station. I'm only worried because I will be alone and the arrival time is 8:30 pm.

Has anyone stayed here and walked it at night? Thanks in advance.
What is the day you are arriving? I am starting the Frances route from St Jean the n mid March

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What is the day you are arriving? I am starting the Frances route from St Jean the n mid March

You can check out who else is starting around the same time as you are, and add yourself to the list if you want by clicking here for the March calendar thread.

Also, you are probably already aware that the Napoleon route over the Pyrenees is closed until at least April 1st, so you will take the route via Valcarlos.

What is the day you are arriving? I am starting the Frances route from St Jean the n mid Marc
I will be arriving in Pamplona on the 21st. I'll start the Camino on the 23rd. Last April I did SJPP to Los Arcos. I had to stop and fly home because I contracted Covid. Yes, I was vaccinated and boosted. It still kicked my butt. Anyway, I decided to start from Pamplona this year. Fingers crossed I'll get to Finisterra!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I will be arriving in Pamplona on the 21st. I'll start the Camino on the 23rd. Last April I did SJPP to Los Arcos. I had to stop and fly home because I contracted Covid. Yes, I was vaccinated and boosted. It still kicked my butt. Anyway, I decided to start from Pamplona this year. Fingers crossed I'll get to Finisterra!
Good luck this year, stay healthy, and Buen Camino. I'll be arriving at St Jean around the 15th of Mar and will depart either the 16th or 17th. Planning on passing through Pamplona 19-20 Mar and will spend 2 nights there. We may cross paths somewhere along the way; be safe! BTW, coming from the Tampa, FL area.

Be aware of Hostal Navarra's contactless check-in procedure.

I have stayed at Hostal Navarra in Pamplona twice. It was great and I would stay there again, but only after acquiring a smart-phone with mobile email access, for compatibilty with the Hostal's contactless check-in procedure.

To protect everyone's health, Hostal Navarra have a contactless check-in procedure wherein they email secret access codes to pre-registered guests a few hours before arrival. As I recall there was a code to open the street door and a second, different code to open the locked box of guest room keys.

Hostal Navarra did email me the codes but I did not have a smart-phone or mobile email access in Pamplona and that made it impossible for me to retreive the secret codes from my email account.

It was early afternoon when I arrived, and the manager was coming and going through the street door running outside errands, so things got sorted out, but had I arrived at night I might have ended up sleeping on a park bench.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Be aware of Hostal Navarra's contactless check-in procedure.

I have stayed at Hostal Navarra in Pamplona twice. It was great and I would stay there again, but only after acquiring a smart-phone with mobile email access, for compatibilty with the Hostal's contactless check-in procedure.

To protect everyone's health, Hostal Navarra have a contactless check-in procedure wherein they email secret access codes to pre-registered guests a few hours before arrival. As I recall there was a code to open the street door and a second, different code to open the locked box of guest room keys.

Hostal Navarra did email me the codes but I did not have a smart-phone or mobile email access in Pamplona and that made it impossible for me to retreive the secret codes from my email account.

It was early afternoon when I arrived, and the manager was coming and going through the street door running outside errands, so things got sorted out, but had I arrived at night I might have ended up sleeping on a park bench.
Thanks for the information. I have a Samsung galaxy 10+. Hopefully I won't have any trouble.

Back