Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Hostel in Alija del infantido - open?

Espee84

Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
VdlP 2019
2020 Hatching plans
Hi
Planning next few stages to Astorga. Does anyone know anything about the albergue in Alija del infantido? Is it open? (Gronze has it marked as ‘closed for works’)

I’m not sure how I can split the stages without staying in this village...

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

C clearly

Staff member
I can't be much help, but will comment anyway ;). Alija del infantido is not a tiny village - it looks like it had a history with thermal baths, extensive bodegas, etc. Years ago there was a hotel near the entrance - there were some old signs. I stayed in the albergue in 2017, near the entrance to the town. The next day as I walked through the town I remember thinking that there must be additional accommodation, but I couldn't confirm any. According to this sign (photo attached) there is a tourist office, an albergue and a restaurant (closed when I wanted it, so I ate junk food from the gas station). Maybe the tourist office could help, as the sign also mentions some recreational facilities.

With a little googling, I found these phone numbers for the Oficina de Turismo 987 667 201 / 675 681 125 . According to the web, it is open 09:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20170417_092359.jpg
    20170417_092359.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Frances Portuguese Finisterre Muxia Ingles Mozarabe VldP Sanabres Serrana Salvador Norte Espiritual
I walked to Alija a few weeks ago and yes the Albergue is closed,, stayed at El Hotelito in the main street,,, very nice,,, and with breakfast too,, and the bar almost directly opposite was good,, and they have rooms too,

Espee84

Camino Francés 2018
VdlP 2019
2020 Hatching plans
Update: the albergue in Alija is now OPEN! Asked the Guardia Civil in the local bar and he asked the Mayor! Also met a perigrino who stayed there this week.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads