• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostel in Biarritz por favore!

marji

Time of past OR future Camino
yes
Hello, I have been searching these posts to no avail (for sure this question has been asked).
I am arriving in CDG at 2.40 pm on a Sunday and plan to fly to Biarritz in the afternoon
(it will get too late in the day to travel by train to Bayonne).
Can you please suggest a hostel (budget!) for Biarritz?
I will head to SJPP the following morning by train.
Thanks for all your insights and advice
Buen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Hotel Paris Madrid in Bayonne has often been recommended on the forum.
It is about 50m from the station where you will get the train to St Jean the next day.

sorbois@wanadoo.fr

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You definitely want to stay in Bayonne, not in Biarritz.

There's a bus from the Biarritz/Bayonne airport that takes you to the bus depot in Bayonne (Place des Basques, as I recall). One Euro. You can walk anywhere you need to be from there, including to the train station.

Yes - that's right. From Biarritz you can travel to Bayonne by train or on the #6 bus to the train station. It leaves about every 30 minutes and takes about 45 minutes.

Thanks for your replies

I am opting for Biarritz to stay over night rather than Bayonne as my flight form CDG reaches Biarritz at 8pm. By that time, I think I'll just wish for a bed and shower.
(Yes, I did see a post for Hotel Madrid for 2008 and then a 2010 post said it was no more!)
I am coming from the southern hemisphere, you see, and so less is more in terms of trains and more travel.

There is no rush for me to get to SJPP. I think I will leave SJPP in the afternoon and stay over night at Honto or Orisson. So, is Biarritz really that bad for accommodation?
Hotel Madrid sounds great, but 9pm may be too late to arrive?

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Marji, you didn't say which month you'll be traveling.
If it is in May/June .... the sunsets at aroun 10pm so even it you arrive at 9pm you'll still have daylight. Just let the hotelier know what your expected time of arrival is.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at the Paris madrid place in 2009 right by the train station,great place-about 30 euros for the single room,the most I spent on the whole camino but it was the cheapest in town.the airport is placed between the two towns-lots of fellow pilgrims will get off the flight with you,just ask the backpackers to share a taxi 25 euros or the regular bus just 2 euros
have a great camino
Ian

I stayed here for about 45 Euro:

Hôtel Des Arceauxmore
26 Rue Port Neuf
64100 Bayonne, France
05 59 59 15 53
hotel-arceaux.com

It is just across the river from the train station on a street with lots of stores.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In March 2012 the Paris Madrid in Bayonne was closed. With a chain link fence around it, it looks like for good.

Hosteling International has a hostel in Biarritz. I stayed there in august before starting the camino. 26 euro per night. It is within walking distance from the train station, 15-20 min. Get a map. Nice accommodation. I took an early train to Bayonne and then SJPP.

In 2012, train schedules changed in mid June and Oct. So you may only be able to preplan and not buy now, depending on when you are doing the camino. Check out TGVi...I paid 39 Euro for Paris to Biarritz train. Check out http://www.seat61.com for tips and tricks on european train travel.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Greetings! I will be traveling with my daughter to walk the Camino Portuguese from Porto in July. The dates are a bit flexible, but not completely so. I’ve been researching flight tickets, and...
We are leaving May 4th for the Camino, starting in Ponferrada. I tried online to book the Correos Pac Monchila luggage transfer service and it provided a drop down list box of specific...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.