• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostel in madrid

Dawn of a new Day

are there suggestions for a hostel in Madrid? I am not interested in partying. Is there
a pilgrim albergue?. .I prefer to have a place with luggage storage . I am travelling to egypt first, then will return to hike the Camino Madrid . I am from Canada . Thanks
Ishta

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hostal Bruna is between Atocha and the Prado, on a tiny walking only street, managed and owned by a hands on family.

hostal Gonzalo. Family ran. Clean. Quite. Reasonable prices.
located on Calle de Cervantes.
Easy walk from Atocha station. And Metro stops on Calle Atocha.

Without a doubt, this has to be the cleanest hostal I have ever stayed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Actually both of these places are in a area where there are many hostels and hostals....

Watch your wallet on the Madrid Metro.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
And I'll heartily recommend The Hat. It's a very short walk to the Plaza Mayor and not far from Puerta del Sol and the Sol metro.

The decor is industrial chic. 220 beds. If you want to socialize they have a very active happy hour as well as a rooftop terrace with a restaurant. They also organize pub crawls and a daily walking tour.

Fabulous breakfast for €3 includes the usual breads and cereals as well as ham, cheese, and fruits. You can make a sandwich and then toast it on a panini-type griller. There's a neat grocery store across the narrow street with a good selection and you can use the hostel's kitchen.

I went to say "hi I'll be staying here in 3 weeks can I leave a case with purchases til then?" And they said sure. They have a room dedicated to storing luggage and suggested I use a locker for €2! "A day?" (There's a place that charges €3/day). "Oh, no. Til u get here." I ended up coming to Madrid and stayed there one night prior to flying to A Coruña. I dropped off more shopping and they re-used my same €2. No charge if u just leave with other packs. The room is locked.

It has a nice vibe and a slightly upscale ambiance yet I paid €23-25/night. First in a 4-bed mixed dorm and then in a 6-bed female dorm. There was a card-activated door to the wing as added security. Elevator. They also will lend hair dryers, irons, and a padlock. It's best to take a small (not tiny) padlock with you for hostel lockers. There are some pretty patterned combination ones. I bought a regular one for €1.50 in a Chinese bazaar/dollar store.

Each bunk has a reading lamp, small shelf, electrical outlet, and TWO soft pillows. Storage lockers are either at the side or as a huge pullout drawer. Nice.

I learned that in all hostels you have to ask if you want a bath towel. I only had bath mats at the places where I had a private room. I just bought a microfiber dishcloth at the dollar store to use as a bath mat for my next trip.

Another general tip is to take a lanyard with a split ring/mini-biner and a clear pocket for ID cards. You never know when you will get a few keys or a plastic card and it's easier to keep them handy around your neck when you go out.

And I'll heartily recommend The Hat. It's a very short walk to the Plaza Mayor and not far from Puerta del Sol and the Sol metro.

The decor is industrial chic. 220 beds. If you want to socialize they have a very active happy hour as well as a rooftop terrace with a restaurant. They also organize pub crawls and a daily walking tour.

Fabulous breakfast for €3 includes the usual breads and cereals as well as ham, cheese, and fruits. You can make a sandwich and then toast it on a panini-type griller. There's a neat grocery store across the narrow street with a good selection and you can use the hostel's kitchen.

I went to say "hi I'll be staying here in 3 weeks can I leave a case with purchases til then?" And they said sure. They have a room dedicated to storing luggage and suggested I use a locker for €2! "A day?" (There's a place that charges €3/day). "Oh, no. Til u get here." I ended up coming to Madrid and stayed there one night prior to flying to A Coruña. I dropped off more shopping and they re-used my same €2. No charge if u just leave with other packs. The room is locked.

It has a nice vibe and a slightly upscale ambiance yet I paid €23-25/night. First in a 4-bed mixed dorm and then in a 6-bed female dorm. There was a card-activated door to the wing as added security. Elevator. They also will lend hair dryers, irons, and a padlock. It's best to take a small (not tiny) padlock with you for hostel lockers. There are some pretty patterned combination ones. I bought a regular one for €1.50 in a Chinese bazaar/dollar store.

Each bunk has a reading lamp, small shelf, electrical outlet, and TWO soft pillows. Storage lockers are either at the side or as a huge pullout drawer. Nice.

I learned that in all hostels you have to ask if you want a bath towel. I only had bath mats at the places where I had a private room. I just bought a microfiber dishcloth at the dollar store to use as a bath mat for my next trip.

Another general tip is to take a lanyard with a split ring/mini-biner and a clear pocket for ID cards. You never know when you will get a few keys or a plastic card and it's easier to keep them handy around your neck when you go out.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for your informative recommendation. Actually I stayed there in 2008, and I enjoyed it then. I may need to leave my bag 2 months, so I will enquire about a monthly rate.

Thank you, hostel bruna was booked for the date's that I needed.

Just to make sure -- did you contact Bruña directly via their own website? http://www.hostalbruna.es/es/

No booking site has access to all of a hostal's rooms. It is worth it to contact the place directly, because in my experience, 9 times out of 10 there is availability. I second anemone's recommendation, it's a good, clean, cheap place to stay.

Just to make sure -- did you contact Bruña directly via their own website? http://www.hostalbruna.es/es/

No booking site has access to all of a hostal's rooms. It is worth it to contact the place directly, because in my experience, 9 times out of 10 there is availability. I second anemone's recommendation, it's a good, clean, cheap place to stay.
Thank you, I just checked and they are full for my dates.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Sandy, when did you stay at the hat? I did book a room yesterday. I received an email today,replying to questions I had. They said luggage storage is 5€ a night. Ouch!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back