• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hostel/pension pola de gordon

Antonius Vaessen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2015-2016 VdlPlata - Sanabres
2016.Primitivo
2017 Salvador
2018 Norte (to Sobrado)
2019 Norte again
I would like to stay one night in Pola the Gordon. There are two pensions there: El Arenal and 15 Mayo. Does anybody have more information about them regarding quality, atmosphere, prices and so on

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Antonius,
I think that Pola de Gordón is a great first night on the Salvador, because it makes a second day to Pajares much more do-able. I have stayed twice at El Arenal. It is fine, nothing fancy, up above a bar that opens early and serves hot croissants right out of the oven. I don't know anything about 15 mayo, but I also remember that there is now a hotel in the newer part of town, before you cross the river, with two stars. I think others have stayed there and liked it. But for a pensión, the Arenal is fine.

Thanks for this good information. For me it will be the second night. The first night we intend to stay in Cabanillas
We're taking it slow, I'll be walking with my daughter who is not an experienced or trained walker.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Buen Camino pilgrims! I plan to walk the Del Salvador this summer, followed by the Primitivo, followed by the Portuguese (from Coimbra). What a summer I will have :) I am posting my current...
I will be walking the Norte starting at Bilbao later this month and am considering switching to the San Salvador after I get to Oviedo. I would be walking it in the reverse direction beginning...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.