Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Hostel Santiago de Compostela

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
We are planning our next Camino and are looking for a place that I just know I've read about somewhere on this forum - it's just off the Plaza (to the west, I think), and a very tiny place. In any case we are looking for a place in old town, not too far from the Plaza (about 2-3 stars), but not limited to that. We have stayed in Hotel LaSalle the past couple of times, but are looking for something new this time. Any favorite places you can recommend would be welcome. Thanks!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Portugués Digital Guide Image
I update my digital guides frequently, for FREE for all purchases up to one year!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Lynne,
I've got a few favorites, but I don't know if any of them are the one you're looking for, mainly because I'm not sure which way is north or south. I think these are all 2** or 3*** and they are all well located. I'll just give you the websites:

http://www.asartes.com/index.php Hotel as Artes
http://hotelentrecercas.es/ Hotel Entrecercas
http://www.costavella.com/ Hotel Costa Vella

Of the three I think the Costa Vella would be my favorite. It may be the farthest away (maybe a 5 minute walk rather than a 2 minute walk), but the little garden behind the hotel where you can have breakfast or a drink is really nice. Breakfasts are really good here, too. If you look at the websites, you'll see that the common theme is old stone walls and flowers. I like them all.
Laurie

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
You might be looking for Hostal Suso a small family run Hostal right next door to the Tourism office.
We stayed there in September - ver y comfortable, quiet rooms and a great little cafe-bar where lots of pilgrims meet up when they reach Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads