• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hot Tea on Fisterra/Muxia Camino

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If there's a specific need, take it with you. I carry a bag of Tetley or PG Tips because I know that the typical Te Negro is quite weak.

I've never come across a bar or restaurant in Spain that didn't have tea bags available but it is usually a disappointment. Bag of bland tea in a cup of not-quite-hot-enough water.

For my next trip I have purchased an Aero press coffee maker as I am more than fed up stuck in queues of simpering pilgrims practising their few words of Spanish and ordering their wretched " café con leche ". an invention of the devil far exceeding the sufferings of tea drinkers who have forgotten that tea was also drunk black in its origin!

:)

The Malingerer.

If I want hot tea at breakfast, is that an option offered or do I need to bring my own tea bags?

Bring your own. That goes for anywhere in Europe other than the UK and Ireland.

In Ireland you will have to physically restrain people from offering you tea at all times of day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't drink tea but I have not met to many satisfied tea drinking customers who order tea in bars on the Camino. I have met plenty who carry their own bags. But that extra tea weight can be a killer going up the hill to Orison or ;) O Cebreiro!!!;). Forget about it on the Norte or Primitivo!!!

Hello, Depends how much you want tea, we take our own for early morning cups prior to walking, but we also carry a small jug to boil the water. We are tea drinkers and tea is one of our priorities. Everyone is different.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
For my next trip I have purchased an Aero press coffee maker as I am more than fed up stuck in queues of simpering pilgrims practising their few words of Spanish and ordering their wretched " café con leche ". an invention of the devil far exceeding the sufferings of tea drinkers who have forgotten that tea was also drunk black in its origin!

:)

The Malingerer.
Hahaha! This made me laugh.
I have an AeroPress that I use in my van travels.
Love that thing! Makes an EXCELLENT cup of coffee and you can buy metal re-usable filters.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back