Search 62305 Camino Questions

Advertisement

Hotel/Hostel in Madrid

GailGwyn

Time of past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Invierno next March/April. I'll fly to Madrid, stay overnight and on to Ponferrada the next day, probably by bus.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or hostal near the bus station please?

Thanks

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
John Brierley 2023 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

TravellingMan2022

Norte
Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Invierno next March/April. I'll fly to Madrid, stay overnight and on to Ponferrada the next day, probably by bus.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or hostal near the bus station please?

Thanks
Hi. Probably best to put your approx. price point as ‘reasonably priced’ means very different things to different people!

GailGwyn

part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Which bus station? Airport? Av. de Americas?
Av de Americas, I think. We would probably get a cheaper hotel away from the airport. I think the bus goes to Ponferrada from Av de Americas.

2023 Camino Guides
The 2023 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
2016, 2022
Av de Americas, I think. We would probably get a cheaper hotel away from the airport. I think the bus goes to Ponferrada from Av de Americas.
I stayed at the Av de Americans AC hotel a few blocks away when I was down there last, but I usually stay for free on points as a member of their loyalty club. I am sure there are other hotel options. You can take bus 200 from T1-4 to Av. de Americas from the airport. I did that last time, too and it runs about every 20 minutes. I went into the bus station and bought my ticket for the next day and then went to my hotel and slept. You can probably buy tickets electronically now or from a machine, but I usually go to the counter if possible (old school). Last time I left from Av de Americans was in in 2018.

GailGwyn

I stayed at the Av de Americans AC hotel a few blocks away when I was down there last, but I usually stay for free on points as a member of their loyalty club. I am sure there are other hotel options. You can take bus 200 from T1-4 to Av. de Americas from the airport. I did that last time, too and it runs about every 20 minutes. I went into the bus station and bought my ticket for the next day and then went to my hotel and slept. You can probably buy tickets electronically now or from a machine, but I usually go to the counter if possible (old school). Last time I left from Av de Americans was in in 2018.
Thank you. I'll have a look.

Camino Frances (2014), Camino Mozarabe, (3-days then aborted (2016), Via de la Plata/Sanabres (2018)
While in Madrid this last Spring, before & after Camino walking, I stayed at a very nice Hotel in a community adjacent to the airport called: Barajas, one metro stop from T4. It’s called the Villa de Barajas. Easy walking distance from the metro station. Twin room went for around $60/night. Got it through Booking.com.

GailGwyn

While in Madrid this last Spring, before & after Camino walking, I stayed at a very nice Hotel in a community adjacent to the airport called: Barajas, one metro stop from T4. It’s called the Villa de Barajas. Easy walking distance from the metro station. Twin room went for around $60/night. Got it through Booking.com.
Thank you

Most read last week in this forum

I recently returned from volunteering for two weeks in an Albergue. All bookings were handled by B.com. Two beds were held back from the service in case someone needed to stay over (sick) or...
Interesting article on the Euronews website about the new visa system which will come online in 2023 for non-EU citizens visiting a Schengen Area country.
Prospective train users in Spain might want to take note of a new discount train service, Iryo, which has begun operating. An article providing some details can be found here...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides