• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel/Hostel in Madrid

GailGwyn

Time of past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Invierno next March/April. I'll fly to Madrid, stay overnight and on to Ponferrada the next day, probably by bus.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or hostal near the bus station please?

Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, I'm planning on walking the Camino Invierno next March/April. I'll fly to Madrid, stay overnight and on to Ponferrada the next day, probably by bus.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or hostal near the bus station please?

Thanks
Hi. Probably best to put your approx. price point as ‘reasonably priced’ means very different things to different people!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Which bus station? Airport? Av. de Americas?
Av de Americas, I think. We would probably get a cheaper hotel away from the airport. I think the bus goes to Ponferrada from Av de Americas.

Av de Americas, I think. We would probably get a cheaper hotel away from the airport. I think the bus goes to Ponferrada from Av de Americas.
I stayed at the Av de Americans AC hotel a few blocks away when I was down there last, but I usually stay for free on points as a member of their loyalty club. I am sure there are other hotel options. You can take bus 200 from T1-4 to Av. de Americas from the airport. I did that last time, too and it runs about every 20 minutes. I went into the bus station and bought my ticket for the next day and then went to my hotel and slept. You can probably buy tickets electronically now or from a machine, but I usually go to the counter if possible (old school). Last time I left from Av de Americans was in in 2018.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed at the Av de Americans AC hotel a few blocks away when I was down there last, but I usually stay for free on points as a member of their loyalty club. I am sure there are other hotel options. You can take bus 200 from T1-4 to Av. de Americas from the airport. I did that last time, too and it runs about every 20 minutes. I went into the bus station and bought my ticket for the next day and then went to my hotel and slept. You can probably buy tickets electronically now or from a machine, but I usually go to the counter if possible (old school). Last time I left from Av de Americans was in in 2018.
Thank you. I'll have a look.

While in Madrid this last Spring, before & after Camino walking, I stayed at a very nice Hotel in a community adjacent to the airport called: Barajas, one metro stop from T4. It’s called the Villa de Barajas. Easy walking distance from the metro station. Twin room went for around $60/night. Got it through Booking.com.

While in Madrid this last Spring, before & after Camino walking, I stayed at a very nice Hotel in a community adjacent to the airport called: Barajas, one metro stop from T4. It’s called the Villa de Barajas. Easy walking distance from the metro station. Twin room went for around $60/night. Got it through Booking.com.
Thank you

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Came here just to say thank you, Greg. We stayed at Villa de Barajas, and it was the best hotel among those we found on booking com. Thanks for sharing your recommendation. Btw, we came to Madrid from Brisbane, where we had an excellent holiday, actually. We left the kids with our parents (the kids didn’t mind that, actually) and went on a trip. We stayed at one of the budget hotels near me there. Btw, we found it on booking,com too. Initially, we didn’t plan to go to Madrid, but my wife convinced me, so we spent 5 extra holiday days there. When we arrived home, the kids were very happy to meet us at the airport. So, yeah, thanks, Greg.

Last edited:
Came here just to say thank you, Greg. We stayed at Villa de Barajas, and it was the best hotel among those we found on booking com. Thanks for sharing your recommendation. Btw, we came to Madrid from Brisbane, where we had an excellent holiday, actually. We left the kids with our parents (the kids didn’t mind that, actually) and went on a trip. We stayed at one of the budget hotels near me there.
👍

If you are thinking about more of a hostel experience, then have a look at The Hat (described on google maps as 'trendy hostel with free breakfast' !). I stayed there in October. It's right by the Plaza Mayor, with easy transport links to anywhere in the city. I stayed in one of the 4-bed dormitories which was neatly laid out. Very friendly, helpful and well-run place. No problems turning up at midnight. Bar life chatter, litter compacting lorries and other city noise into the early hours in the narrow streets far below the balcony, which I didn't mind at all. The free breakfast on the rooftop terrace is wide-ranging and excellent, and you help yourself as often as you like.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.