• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel/hostel prices

xin loi

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked May 14, 2014 from St Jean France

starting to walk again August 25, 2016 --SJPDP to Finisterre
While reading other sites, I notice that a lot of people take a night per week to stay at a hotel/hostel. In a lot of countries backpackers typically stay in a hotel on a Sunday night for a treat as that is the slowest night for customers and a lot of hotels give a 50% discount on Sunday nights. Do hotels/hostels along the Camino have similar discounts? Hotel/Hostel prices

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The only place I noticed it happen was in Salceda at the very odd hotel above a bar on the left as you enter town. It was a quiet day and the guy in the bar pretty much made up the price on the spot.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Innkeepers are much more flexible off the Camino Francese and, in my experience, notably so up the food chain. NH hotels, for example, normally knocked 15-25 euro off the price and the only time they didn't, the clerk apologized and a very good bottle of wine was free that night. During July and August, it is unlikely that there will be any adjustment for you, especially on the coast and in larger towns.

The local Offices of Tourism are little gems when it comes to great information on the local deals; they know where the cheap rooms are and how to get them. Stop and inquire even if just for information. I walked from Boadilla del Camino to Fromista with an elderly Irish couple who got an amazing deal; 25 Euros for a double room in a local house, dinner included. They raved how beautiful the room was and the wonderful hosts. They just asked the local Office of Tourism who hooked them up.

Guess I will just ask at hotels --it is very common in Latin America for substantial reductions in price for rooms on a Sunday night as businessmen don't arrive until Monday and locals go home Sunday afternoon.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
While reading other sites, I notice that a lot of people take a night per week to stay at a hotel/hostel. In a lot of countries backpackers typically stay in a hotel on a Sunday night for a treat as that is the slowest night for customers and a lot of hotels give a 50% discount on Sunday nights. Do hotels/hostels along the Camino have similar discounts? Hotel/Hostel prices
I agree with consulting with the tourist office and if the town doesn't have one, don't be afraid to ask at the hotel for a pilgrim's discount. I have received them several times in the past on the Camino Frances as well as the Portuguese Camino.

I enquired at Hotel Paris in Leon for a price for the Saturday and Sunday night. The price was very expensive. I replied thank you but too much. I then had an email to say that the person had given me the Saturday night charge for both nights and gave me a new price for the Sunday night - much, much cheaper. When I combined the two amounts I was quite happy with the average so I booked.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.