• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel in Finisterre

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Finisterre? Friends are walking el camino in September and want to spend one night in Finisterre.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Sil

I stayed 3 nights in Finisterre at the Hotel A Langosteira on the Avda da Coruna. It is about 200yards from Finisterre centre and very close to the beautiful Langosteira beach where you can find (if you are lucky) the real camino shells.

I paid 30euros for an en suite twin room including breakfast. The room had a lovely seaview and there were a couple of doubles with balconies which would have been nice for a couple. There were other rooms at the back so it would be worth requesting the sea view if they do decide to book.

Although I walked to Finisterre a fellow walker had knee problems and took the bus. As she was there before me she scouted around all the hotels and decided this one was the cleanest and best value for money. Other pilgrims staying here had stayed there on previous trips and had chosen to come back. A few other pilgrims I spoke to were not very happy with their Finisterre hotels on grounds of lack of space and their cleanliness.

The web address is http://www.galinor.es/langosteira. I see the price seems to have gone up but maybe it is cheaper if you just turn up? It wasn't full in June as is very slightly outside the main town and I suspect people getting off the bus don't see it.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only negative was that one night (Saturday I think) there seemed to be a party going on in a bar next door and it was quite noisy. Didn't hear a thing the other nights.

There is another hotel with a similar name (Playa da Langosteira) further round the beach but it is much smarter and more expensive!

I have a tourist info leaflet with the names and phone numbers of about a dozen other places if you want them but can't tell you anything about them.

Laura

Thank you Laura - I have passed the link onto them and I'm sure they will book there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Sil

I stayed last June in the Hotel Rústico Insula Finisterrae.
http://www.toprural.com/hotel-rural/hotel-rustico-insula-finisterrae_f-es-15-22682.htm

It is about a ten minute walk up out of Finisterre and very calm and traquil and quite smart. Rooms at the front have fabulous sea views and even my room at the back looked out over fields. Really stylish but not that expensive.

I definitely recommend it to get slightly out of the hustle and bustle and a little bit of luxury.
It is also possible to walk to the lighthouse by a path and track from there rather than along the busy coast road

Regards

Mercury

Hello Sil,

I stayed a the lovely http://www.hotelplayalangosteira.com in June this year..it is across the road from the beach just before you get to Finisterre...but you can walk to the centre either on the beach or the very nice beach boardwalk in about 5 minutes....I walked the beach looking for shells each morning...as I needed some decompression time after my let down of the arrival in Santiago, I ended up staying here for three nights....splurging 50 euros for a lovely large bright room with my own balcony...a great full breakfast included...thought I had died and gone to heaven after all those lower bunks I had slept in along the way.....

They will also pick you up at the lighthouse after sunset....saves the walk back in the dark....

Also if they take the bus to Finisterre...and they tell the driver where they are staying...he will stop right in front of the hotel...

Marilyn

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back