Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel in Lugo

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Lugo close to the railway station? We arrive in Lugo at 9pm and leave again the next day at 7h08 for Ferrol. We don't want to stay too far from the station.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Sil,

I have stayed in two places in Lugo a few years ago, but more closer to old town/the wall and this is about a 5 minute taxi ride/ 20 minute walk from the station.

I did some googling and found this close to the train station:

Hotel Metropol‎
Address:
Rua Miguel De Cervantes 58
27003 Lugo, Spain

Phone:
+34 982 813 597
info@metropollugo.com

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Metropol& ... 17&iwloc=A

It looks modern and nice from the photos here (I do not know it personally):
http://www.turgalicia.es/sit/ficha_dato ... 902&cidi=G

As you can see from the map, it is located about 100 meters from the train station.

Un saludo,
Ivar

sillydoll said:
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Lugo close to the railway station? We arrive in Lugo at 9pm and leave again the next day at 7h08 for Ferrol. We don't want to stay too far from the station.

Sil, if you want I can ask to Jose Antonio, the hospitalero in Lugo, a good friend of mine, for any place.

I'll answer you soon, I hope.

Javier.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Ivar and Javier.

The Metropol looks good. 54 euro for a room. They include breakfast in the rate but I don't think we will have time for breakfast as we will be getting the 7am train to Ferrol.

When we stayed in Lugo last time (2007) we stayed in the Hotel Méndez Núñez. Their June/July prices are quite high (75 euro) and we don't want to spend a fortune just to sleep in the bed.

I found the Hotel Brios in Lugo: http://www.brios.unlugar.com/
40€ double room 30€ single (45 and 35 in high season) It is next to the junction of Avenida de Madrid and Avenida Ramón Ferreiro. Not really close to the railway station but Lugo isn't very big so I'm sure a taxi can't take more than 5 minutes to the hotel.

sillydoll said:
Thanks Ivar and Javier.

The Metropol looks good. 54 euro for a room. They include breakfast in the rate but I don't think we will have time for breakfast as we will be getting the 7am train to Ferrol.

When we stayed in Lugo last time (2007) we stayed in the Hotel Méndez Núñez. Their June/July prices are quite high (75 euro) and we don't want to spend a fortune just to sleep in the bed.

I found the Hotel Brios in Lugo: http://www.brios.unlugar.com/
40€ double room 30€ single (45 and 35 in high season) It is next to the junction of Avenida de Madrid and Avenida Ramón Ferreiro. Not really close to the railway station but Lugo isn't very big so I'm sure a taxi can't take more than 5 minutes to the hotel.

Hi, Sil. Jose Antonio answered me that the nearest hotel is the Muralla Hotel, in front of the railway station, c/ miguel de cervantes. Tlf. 982.254.000. I don't know prizes.

Buen Camino,
Javier

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.