• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel in Madrid,1st night in Leon

Eliza611

Time of past OR future Camino
February march 2013
Hi I will be coming from Oregon to Madrid,so I will need one night break before taking the train to Leon. Where is a good place to stay,and where could I stay in Leon the first night?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Eliza,
You didn't mention what kind of place or what kind of price you are looking for. There are lots of recommendations on this forum, try some of these:

traveling-to-from-the-camino/topic13634.html (Madrid)

Leon: el-camino-frances/topic13485.html
Leon: el-camino-frances/topic12865.html

My own budget favorites are Hostal Bruna in Madrid http://www.ctv.es/hostalbruna/ and Pension Blanca in Leon: http://www.pensionblanca.com/

Let us know if you are looking for more expensive places.

I think you will be able to stay in the Carbajalas albergue in Leon if you are walking the next day. In my experience, they will let you check in as you arrive even if you haven't walked that day, so long as you are starting out the next day. I know there was a recent thread indicating that the Burgos albergue would make people who hadn't walked wait till the end of the day to check in, but I don't think that's the practice in Leon.

The one piece of unsolicited advice I would give you is that you should think about getting up to Leon on your arrival day into Madrid. You'll be zonked anyway, so adding on the train or bus from Madrid won't add much to the pain. Unless you plan to spend a couple of days in Madrid touring, the hassle of getting into Madrid just to sleep may be more than it's worth. There are many good ways to get from the airport directly to either the train or bus station and there are some buses that leave directly from the airport. You could then use the next day to enjoy Leon while getting over jet lag a bit. Leon is a beautiful city and well worth a visit. Just my two cents.

Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back