• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel in Porto, close to Cathedral?

Mars R

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances done March 2014
Hi there,
My mother, sister and I are doing the Camino Portugues from Porto to Santiago. We would like to stay in a hotel, close to the official starting point:
The Cathedral Sè.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you

xx

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We really liked the Nice Way Hostel when we were there in 2016. It had only been open two weeks at that time so there were a couple of kinks I'm sure have been taken care of since then, but nothing serious. Very clean and friendly, highly recommended.

If you have the time, take a motorcycle sidecar tour. We waited until our last day/evening and wish we'd done it upon arrival - a great way to see the city, our driver found a great place for dinner for us, and you feel like a rock star. Highly recommended.
IMG_20160619_112037851.jpgIMG_20160619_112106227.jpg

Last edited:
I stayed at hotel ibis centro porto which is well located in the old city area and its a short walk down hill to the cathedral https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3344-ibis-porto-centro/index.shtml ...if you register on the site you get a discount.
The rooms are en suite, not huge, but the bed was the most comfortable of all my stays and breakfast was decent inc pastel de nata. I took the metro from airport to Bolhao station which brings you out close, and directly in front of Capella de almas (pic). One of Portos treats....if you have time do spend some of it in Porto....

Attachments

• WP_20170607_036.jpg
    WP_20170607_036.jpg
    669.1 KB · Views: 20
  • WP_20170607_007.jpg
    WP_20170607_007.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 17
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I recommend using www.booking.com and review your search results using the map view. Most hotel descriptions will also give you the distance to the Cathedral.

I hope this helps.

Since we were staying for 3 days, we stayed at a very nice Airbnb apartment for less than a hotel. It had a washer and nice kitchen facilities. I don't remember how many beds though. 2 blocks from the cathedral.

Hi all,

We did some research and narrowed it down to 3...

and ultimately decided to book at Yes!

Thanks so much for your help!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there,
My mother, sister and I are doing the Camino Portugues from Porto to Santiago. We would like to stay in a hotel, close to the official starting point:
The Cathedral Sè.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you

xx

There are a couple of Hotels. You have Ibis, there is also a Mercure within a couple of bocks, and also a Comfort in. I have stayed in all 3 of them. They are very convenient if you coming in the metro.

Buen Camino!

Texasguy

I can't recommend the passenger hostel enough if you want to consider a hostel?
Check it out online and see if its something you might enjoy too?

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back