• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel in Santiago

Pablo2007

Greetings all,
Does anybody know the name of a small "boutique" type hotel that is (as far as I can recall) just next to or in front of the Pilgrims office in Santiago? Or There is another a few doors down. I tried both in 2007 being in the the mood for some Luxury after 800kms ( OR SHEER LUXURY as Monty Python would put it) but both were full. This time I'll book.

Unfortunately my luxury budget doesn't stretch as far as the Parador.

Or any other suggestions. Must be close to the cathedral. I had a look at Ivar's site but the pages weren't working properly

Thanks in advance

Pablo

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Paulo,

I think one of the ones you mean is Hotel Airas Nunes, but I can´t remember the name of the other one. http://www.pousadasdecompostela.com/air ... index.html

One place I like to stay is the Costa Vella, http://www.costavella.com/ but that may be a little further (but no more than a 5 minute walk from the cathedral). What I love about that place is the garden out back, if the weather is nice it´s just a beautiful spot for a drink or breakfast.

I don´t know what your budget is, but the parador had a "tarifa unica" rate a few weeks ago for 120E (not including breakfast, just the room). I was traveling in northern Spain at that time with my parents, who are celebrating their 65th anniversary and we stayed there as a special treat. My parents had a "superior" room (upgrade courtesy of the parador) and we were in the standard room. I have to say that the room itself was nothing special (well, ok, it had a canopy bed), but the commons areas are really something.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for that, yep from the web page pics it certainly is the Hotel Airas Nunes. I was really disappointed last time when it was full especially because I ended up at a really awful place nearer to the train station that wasn't much cheaper. I might have another look at the Parador but as you say its the common areas which are special and as I will probably only stay in Santiago that afternoon and leave the next morning I probably wont do it justice. I mean there is the Cathedral to see and the bars and the tapas and the atmosphere and the pilgrims and the bars and the tapas .... Oh I said that already.

Here's a tip, don't bother with the restaurants in the main tourist drag just eat tapas It will be cheaper and tastier. But to each his or her own.

I start walking from SJPDP on 27/4 and the piccs from Roncesvalles today have me a little concerned Laugh But its 2 weeks away so it should warm up by a degree or two by then

Thanks again

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Pablo2007 said:
Greetings all,
Does anybody know the name of a small "boutique" type hotel that is (as far as I can recall) just next to or in front of the Pilgrims office in Santiago? Or There is another a few doors down.

Or any other suggestions. Must be close to the cathedral. I had a look at Ivar's site but the pages weren't working properly
Hi Pablo,

Yes, I think Airas Nuñes is the one you mention. It is about 50-60 meters down the street on the same side as the pilgrims office. I have stayed there (a few years ago), and the place is very nice.

Another a bit more economical (I think) is 25 de Julio, located not far from the old post office, about 200 meters from the cathedral. More on that here.

Also, I am curious about what was not working for you on the other site.

Saludos,
Ivar

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hola Ivar,

It was probably my impatience but what was happening is this when I went to hotels in Santiago and you get a list on the page, because I was looking for one in particular I was opening 3 or four hotels at once you know right click the o"open in new tab" this works ok but then when you go to each tab in the "Microsite" you can only scroll through the option in the first one. When you click on the next hotel and click the options you get the followiing error

Please report this error to interfaces@transhotel.com:
Invalid view details_room_types

I have tried it again and it works fine if you go through the hotels one at a time but If you a re like me and have left your planning a bit late Laugh.

But otherwise it works well and is a great service I have used it to search oter towns.
I will send you a private message on another matter

Saludos

Pablo

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back