Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Hotel Lindamar/Lakeview - Ruta de la Plata

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

solong

Re: Bad Experience hotel Lindamar Ruta de la Plata

Stayed at LindaMar (now called Lakeview Hotel) on April 10th and found the accomodation clean and the new owners very hospitable. There seems to be a bit of a feud going on between Lakeview Hotel and the albergue turistico 100 meters down the road. Buen Camino - Solong

peregrina2000

Staff member

I don't want to sound overly suspicious or paranoid about this bad review of the Lindamar, but I think a word of caution might be appropriate. The bad review posted here is the first and only post Jacques has ever made -- I know everyone needs to have a first post, but when you couple that with solong's observation that there may be a feud going on between the albergue and the Lindamar, and since I just read a blog post that I think was describing the Lindamar and referred to the owners as kind and helpful and made no bad comments about the place, I would take this comment with a grain of salt.

Hopefully I'll be there in several weeks and will weigh in with my own opinion! Laurie

Original bad review has now been removed as there seems to be enough evidence to prove a negative campaign by another establishment.

D

Deleted member 3000

Another bad review by a Member with only one post:

via-de-la-plata-albergues-pensions-and-hostals/topic7776.html

And from the CSJ:

p.28 Hostal del Miraltajo. This has now reopened, bought by a Dutch couple who have turned it into a hotel rural, now named the LindaMar ( 20€ pp. in double room). This is also reported to include a budget camping site with 20 tents with wooden floors, showers and toilets and mattresses for pilgrims. It is recommended that you ring ahead (tel: 927.19.20.04 or 658.56.84.10). Very good reports from pilgrims but Dutch owners say they are going to keep open for 2009 and 2010 from April to end of June only. After this they will look at their options as they run other businesses.

peregrina2000

Staff member

Thanks for that information, Falcon. Now I'm doubly suspicious. I hope anyone who has had an experience here recently will post, because I'd hate to see someone lose business because of unfounded smears.

Laurie

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

andy.d

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
Re: Hotel Lindamar Ruta de la Plata

If it was a dodgy post, it's backfired! I would certainly stay in the Lindamar and not the albergue touristico after this.

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Re: Good Experience hotel Lindamar Ruta de la Plata

I've just caught up with this and like others find it hard to believe. Maarten the co - owner is very pilgrim friendly. It is some time ago now but when I walked the VdlP in January they were closed when I e mailed them but although they got no custom they helped me plan the next stages and gave me information, telephone numbers etc in a series of e mails - with an offer to phone them if I needed help.

Aldernath

Past OR future Camino
VdlP 2009, Le Puy & Norte 2011, Arles 2013, VF 2015, Kumano Kodo 2016

I was very favourably impressed by the LindaMar when I stayed there in May 2009. It was clean, fair value, with excellent food, and it was good to be able to speak English to the owner/managers.

Aldernath
http://aldernath.blogspot.com/

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)

Aldernath said:
I was very favourably impressed by the LindaMar when I stayed there in May 2009. It was clean, fair value, with excellent food, and it was good to be able to speak English to the owner/managers. Aldernath
http://aldernath.blogspot.com/
Great blog Aldernath, even if I am discovering it a year later! I look forward to delving into more of it.... I can see from your May comments that you definitely were impressed by the Lindemar.
I also see you have shared your blog address in the VDLP blog section, and I am sure it will be a very useful resource for others who want to walk that route.
All the best my Anzac Bro!
Margaret

Bagpuss

Very dissapointed to learn of this via word of mouth

Every Pilgrim that passes our door is shown the rooms we have on offer, all of which have private bathrooms, all of which cleaned methodically every morning and all who choose to stay have nothing but kind words both face to face and in our comments book.

Over charging I can assure has never been done, everyone gets to see their bill before paying and if there were any items on a bill over and above what was consumed then the individual resoponsible for several posts on here had ample opportunity to question overall amount.

We serve two types of breakfast as opposed to our closest neighbours piece of fruit included in room price, a continental breakfast of hot toast, crisp bread, magdelenas jams and butter with coffee and orange juice is just 2.5 euros as opposed to the eggs bacon sasauge tomato mushrooms toast coffe and juice again for 5 euros.

Evening meal is not a microwave slice of pizza nor microwave lasagne, first course is usually a home made soup not from weater but based on milk or cream, secon course can vary from full roast dinner to meat and veg stirfry but all who request dinner served at 7pm are asked whether they are veggie or not, pudding is normally a flan or if time permits homemade cake of some sort.

Room price is 15 euros if you are in a triple room or 20 euros if you are in a twin or room with double bed.

0034 677363889 for more information and bookings

and thats from horses moth :)

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

William Marques

Staff member

There may be a campaign going on the bad-mouth a hostel by a competitor something that is known to happen in larger sites like Tripadvisor but which is rare here.

I can either delete the whole post or leave what is here as it seems to have backfired on the poster spreading dirt.

Please PM me.

doversole

doversole
Past OR future Camino
Has any peregrino got a report to offer about this hostal who has stayed there or got any other information about it during 2011 or 2012. I'm planning a camino this way in 2013 and would love to know if it is open or not and if not what are the alternatives locally. Thanks a lot. Doversole.

camino07

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Hotel Lindemar was empty and closed down when I passed end of April this year. Loved the Albergue at Alcantara luckily.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
D

Deleted member 3000

Indeed (and for all of you who want to operate an albergue):
Are you open, or will you be open next season? Thanks.
Dear [Falcon],

No, sorry.

It is empty, needs renovation and is for sale for only E130.000,--

Regards

Maarten

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads