• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hotel Paris in Leon

jirit

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007,
Via Francigena Italy, 2008,
Jakobsweg Austria 2010,
Camino Frances 2011,
Le Puy to Lourdes 2012,
Via de la Plata 2013,
Future:
Ökumenischer (Via Regia), Germany,
Lycian Way, Turkey
If you have been walking for days across the Meseta, and you have finally reached Leon and desire something a little different, you might want to check yourself into the Hotel Paris in Leon.

Included in the accommodation price is access to their spa - a combination of jetted whirl pools, steam rooms and heated thermal reclining lounge chairs - they heat up automatically once you sit down in them.

Reports from my other half suggest it was well worth it.

Her only minor complaint was she was so mellowed out after the session that it was a challenge to climb the stairs back to her room.

Be warned - the next couple days walking to Astorga might be a challenge too.

:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Jirit - I LOVE Hotel Paris in Leon! I stayed there for a couple of nights last year and can thoroughly recommend it. It's ideally situated - just down from the Cathedral, it's moderate in price and has really pleasant rooms. Friendly staff too. I'll be staying there again at the end of next June on my way to Rabanal, where I'm helping out at Refugio Gaucelmo for a couple of weeks. I didn't get a chance to visit the Spa last time, but next time it'll be at the top of my list!
Cheers - Jenny

I stayed here, too, for a couple of nights. Great location, great price, very comfy rooms. I didn't find the spa water as hot as I'd hoped, but the whirlpool jets were a fine remedy for tired, sore Camino legs. Note the rooms have bathtubs, so I poured myself a couple of piping hot baths during my stay. My one complaint is that for a hotel the walls are paper thin. I had a family with screeching children check in late next to me just as I was preparing to go to sleep. I heard every shrill, whine and cry well into the night. So see if you can request a "quiet" room with no guests on either side, an easier request in the off season. Otherwise, a great place to take a couple rest days midway thru the CF.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you have been walking for days across the Meseta, and you have finally reached Leon and desire something a little different, you might want to check yourself into the Hotel Paris in Leon.

Included in the accommodation price is access to their spa - a combination of jetted whirl pools, steam rooms and heated thermal reclining lounge chairs - they heat up automatically once you sit down in them.

Her only minor complaint was she was so mellowed out after the session that it was a challenge to climb the stairs back to her room.

I also stayed here for three nights and was very happy indeed. I had a very quiet room at the end of one of the corridors and a nice little view of the cathedral steeple which was lit up with coloured lights......such a nice place to rest and recover and give the blisters and sore feet time to heal. I also had a lovely big bath tub in my room - it had its own spa jets etc so I did not need to go out of my room until I needed to eat etc.....smiles. Susanawee who is looking forward to staying there again next May.

In Leon we treated ourselves and stayed at Hotel Posada Regia. More than an albergue, less than the Parador. It was lovely with very few rooms, nicely restored, and a good restaurant. A very nice hotel....

So true a wonderful place to stay comfortable, good food and not far from the Cathedral we enjoyed it too jirit back in May this year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed there too! It's a great hotel and great location and you can book it very cheaply through booking.com a day or 2 in advance (saved me 25 euro!)

We totally agree. Hotel Paris was perfect at the end of the Meseta - we had the spa all to ourselves and the price is reasonable. We had a rest day in Leon which saw me walking to the modern art museum and various other cool places so roughly walking from 9a to 3p - go figure! Such a cool city!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We totally agree. Hotel Paris was perfect at the end of the Meseta - we had the spa all to ourselves and the price is reasonable. We had a rest day in Leon which saw me walking to the modern art museum and various other cool places so roughly walking from 9a to 3p - go figure! Such a cool city!

Just received an email from Hotel Paris quoting E92 a night in September. We want to have 2 nights there so it becomes a bit expensive. Booking com show them as full. I will check out Posada Regia next. Any other recommendations? Would be willing to pay up to E70 a night. Thanks for any help. Sriyantra

Just received an email from Hotel Paris quoting E92 a night in September. We want to have 2 nights there so it becomes a bit expensive. Booking com show them as full. I will check out Posada Regia next. Any other recommendations? Would be willing to pay up to E70 a night. Thanks for any help. Sriyantra

Posada Regia booked as well........

I've always been very happy with Hostel Don Suero.
I pay around €25 for a single bed.
Convenient, clean, and quiet.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Posada Regia booked as well........

Wow, I am really surprised that the Posada Regia is already booked up 5 months out. Is there possibly something going on in Leon during that time? I have stayed there a few times and have always just walked in and gotten a room. We have been reading that September is becoming one of the Frances's busiest months, maybe that's what this is all about.

I'm assuming you're not looking for a cheap pension, because there are tons of them, very clean, good location, nice people. Annie has given you one, my favorite is the Pension Blanca, 22 euros for single, including breakfast, free use of the kitchen/fridge, computer in commons room, spotless.

If you are looking for a more standard hotel, I'd suggest booking.com. I've been surprised at the range of places that have joined onto booking. It's easy and they have a generous cancellation policy.
Buen camino, Laurie

I see all of you missed the Hotel Guzman! Nestled just off the main drag up to the cathedral @ 45 euros for a double and you can hang your wash out on their laundry lines! QUIET as well.

I see all of you missed the Hotel Guzman! Nestled just off the main drag up to the cathedral @ 45 euros for a double and you can hang your wash out on their laundry lines! QUIET as well.

I have also stayed here, and agree with you that it´s very nice. I think I got the recommendation from falcon, always a reliable source. :)

http://hostalguzman.es/new/ But if price is your main criterion, I think it´s hard to beat the Pension Blanca for 22. Laurie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow, I am really surprised that the Posada Regia is already booked up 5 months out. Is there possibly something going on in Leon during that time? I have stayed there a few times and have always just walked in and gotten a room. We have been reading that September is becoming one of the Frances's busiest months, maybe that's what this is all about.

I'm assuming you're not looking for a cheap pension, because there are tons of them, very clean, good location, nice people. Annie has given you one, my favorite is the Pension Blanca, 22 euros for single, including breakfast, free use of the kitchen/fridge, computer in commons room, spotless.

If you are looking for a more standard hotel, I'd suggest booking.com. I've been surprised at the range of places that have joined onto booking. It's easy and they have a generous cancellation policy.
Buen camino, Laurie

Thanks for your suggestions. I sent an email to Hotel Paris saying thanks but too expensive and I had a reply making the second night a lot cheaper! I'm not into bargaining so it took me by surprise. Averaging the 2 nights including breakfast the price is good so I booked. Sriyantra

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Interesting Sriyantra
About the price adjustment after told them 'too expensive'. I'm like you and never think to ask for a better price or for that matter whether they have pilgrim rates but I'm starting to learn. Glad you're sorted and a happy pilgrim now.

Good thread for future reference though for accommodation ideas in Leon!
The pension mentioned by Anniesantiago sounds good .

I'm going to add where I stayed last sept, shared a room with another pilgrim at. Q.H.hotel centro in Leon , can't remember rate but was ok sharing a dual single room. I believe it's on booking.com also
Q.h. Hotels, Centro. Leon
Avda. Los Cobos, 6
24007-Leon T: +[34] 987 875 580
Www.qhhoteles.com

We arrived very tired and turismo was closed until 4 or 5 so walked around close by and found this ourselves and stayed 2 nights.
Annie

View of cathedral at night lit up was pretty awesome too, as we were so close,

ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1398957277.036714.jpg

View of cathedral in Leon from Q.h.hotel

Hi guys i stayed at Posada Regia found its location great and a nice place to stay, I also stayed at a place behind the Cathedral which was great till I had to move out due to bookings it was Q|H Centro This is when I was crook

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.